Knife project question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mart

Forager
Apr 6, 2008
cumbria
I have a Boker MCS Bud Nealy that is in dire need of some new scales. I have some oak that I plan to use and I would like to ditch the Kydex sheath for a leather one. I've done research on how to attach the scales but I would like to add some liners. Could anyone recommend suitable material to use preferably something that can be sourced locally so to speak. This project is really just for the experience, all the materials I'm using I already have so I want to keep the cost down. I also have two more knives that will serve as practice material. I plan to order a kit from Bernie G with my birthday cash later in the year and this will help me out for that.

Thanks, mart :)

kimbo

Nomad
Feb 21, 2006
Kent
Hi mate,

I am sure i have some liner lying around, red and black - if you give me the dimensions you need I'll see if I can sort you some out gratis. :)

mart

Forager
Apr 6, 2008
cumbria
100 x 45mm. That's 4mm excess all round, I think thats enough to allow me to sand to shape. But of course I know jack about this at the moment :)

kimbo

Nomad
Feb 21, 2006
Kent
Sorry, i havent been around for a bit and only just saw this. And dont worry about knowing jack about this, it's all a learning curve mate and re-handling a knife is great fun and gives a real sense of acheivement.

I'll see what I can find,

ATB

Kim

mart

Forager
Apr 6, 2008
cumbria
Hey that's great. Anything will do appearance wise the knife is a user anyway and its the experience I'm after. If it ends up a functional and solid knife I'll be well chuffed :)

Mart.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE