Knife Making

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cgait

Jan 23, 2005
Cwmaman, South Wales
I'm very interested in going into knife making. I've made a first attempt out of scrap metal and an old spindle but i'm going to buy some o1 toolsteel as soon as i have some money. So making the knife is no problem.

But I've been surfing the net and can't find any websites that sell stamps to leave your mark on the blade :( . Can anyone here help me out please.

stoddy

Need to contact Admin...
May 4, 2005
dorset
RS I have just bought some 01 steel from these guys
search for Ground Flat Stock (other name for 01 tool steel)
500x50x6mm

£16 quid-ish which included next day delivery by DHL

should be able to make 3 knifes from that :)

they also sell stamps and anything else!

this is cheaper than a steel company I deal with (Used to :) ) and that was at trade price :eek:

so will be giving RS my business in the future! :)

cgait

Jan 23, 2005
Cwmaman, South Wales
Thanks stoddy. The problem with that site is that i cant find the size i want in the flat stock. But thanks anyway:).

I think i'll use www.toolsunlimited.co.uk to get my flat stock there are good prices on there.

In that case thanks Espy ;) .

Thanks hedgehog. I'm already a member of axminster its a very good site:D.
I've made one attempt at making a sheath and it was a disaster compared to all the others i've seen on this website and elsewhere:(. I made it out of a leather waist coat someone, on the course i take, gave to me. I personally was quite "chuffed" with it as it was my first time to stitch. EVER.

I would give a picture but i cant attach pictures. :(

stoddy

Need to contact Admin...
May 4, 2005
dorset
my brother bought a welders apron, and made a sheath for a Mora

not bad

He asn't got a digi cam to post a picture, but he might post on here later, to give you the info :)

(I am not to hot on PC thingy bobs, and I a type with two digits :) )

cgait

Jan 23, 2005
Cwmaman, South Wales
Heres the picture of my first sheath.

Hope this works.

mysheath2ml.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE