Knife making kits

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
The blades are very good and you can make a superb knife from these kits.

Here is one with some extra bits my mate started but I had to finish for him.

P8080011 by alf.branch, on Flickr

You will struggle to put one together for less buying all the bits.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
They arrive with a great edge. They have a secondary bevel which should be maintained for the strength of the edge and edge holding.
Flat Scandi grinds are rare in proper scandi blades and not seen in thin blades like this at all really.

Here is my first knife made with one of these

AdamSon

Tenderfoot
Jul 19, 2013
Co. Durham
Thanks for the info, that looks great.

I do want a flat scandi, but I have a feeling they will be rather expensive to buy on their own?

I may buy one of these kits, or buy a mora robust and put a new handle on it as Tat2Trev suggested.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I can make you a kit up if you are concerned about quality mate. My website is in my sig, i can do you any of those styles, full tang or stick tang, got loads of handle materials to choose from. It would cost a bit more than one of those, (prices start at £60) but you would be getting top quality stuff.:)

MertzMan

Settler
Apr 25, 2012
Cambs and Lincs
I started with a Karesuando kit, I got the bug and now I'm kitting myself out slowly but surely to make knives more regularly.

For the cash I think they're hard to beat. I found mine to be excellent quality, and a friend has made 3 so far with no complaints. It's almost a right of passage to start with a Karesuando kit :p

AdamSon

Tenderfoot
Jul 19, 2013
Co. Durham
Right so a bit of a break through here, I have spoken to my dad and he actually has some deer antler and some lovely lumps of wood I can have!

So it's just the blade I need now, no less than 3mm thick, flat scandi grind, around 90mm blade length. Any reccomendations? I don't want to pay more than £30 max, including postage.

Thanks for the help do far.

AdamSon

Tenderfoot
Jul 19, 2013
Co. Durham
I now have a blade, and I got some American black walnut and some bull horn off my dad, so watch this space!;)

Thanks for all the help once again!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE