knife help

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
I wonder if anyone can help
I have the original sheath for the ray mears knife I bought some time ago and I'm now helping my nephew get into the outdoors and would like to lend him a knife when out and about and would like to put a knife into the old sheath.
So what would fit? Its got to be resonable knife and not too expensive. ???

Thanks

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
think the condore bushlore/bushcraft one might fit have a look at the condore knives on hennie haynes

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
There are plenty of makers on this forum or over on British Blades that could make you a superb Woodlore 'clone' that would fit in the sheath if you were to send it to them while making up the knife for you,failing that,look in the classifieds of both forums as they are come up regularly.
One knife that springs to mind is an Arthur Wright bushcraft knife available for £100 upwards (depending on handle scales,)available from heinnie.com, 1st class customer service guaranteed.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Sounds good silverback but £100 is a bit more then I wanted to spend.
Hennie haynes?? I take it that's a website or do I look for condore knives?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Gill makes some lovely knives at a really good price

Have a look in the Makers Market as I'm sure there's a few woodies for sale.

You might need to wet form the sheath to a new handle but it's dead easy to do.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Thanks everyone. I've heard good things about the clipper will probably go for that but will look at the other suggestions just in case you never know might be something there that takes my fancy.

Thanks

Jul 5, 2010
somerset
Hi All, i'm new here and I need some advice, i've got a clipper that i use when i'm out, but i'm seriously considering a nice bowie but can't afford my dream of a cold steel trailmaster or a falkniven A2, also can't find any knife stockists in somerset, cheers all. The boss in doors is really scared i'm gonna blow a load of cash on one. (seriously tempted)

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Hi All, i'm new here and I need some advice, i've got a clipper that i use when i'm out, but i'm seriously considering a nice bowie but can't afford my dream of a cold steel trailmaster or a falkniven A2, also can't find any knife stockists in somerset, cheers all. The boss in doors is really scared i'm gonna blow a load of cash on one. (seriously tempted)

As has already been mentioned above, a Condor Bushlore is a budget knife that looks quite bushy. I hear the new models are better than the original version that I have. Whether it (or to that matter, any other much more expensive knives including those you mention ) will materially out perform the clipper is debateable. It will baton better, and have more weight to it to allow for chopping, but that is about it. Buying online is the way to go if you can't find a local stockist, and even if you can, you might find a cheaper deal.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE