Klättermusen MJöLNER

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Marsdijk

Oct 13, 2008
Veenendaal
That's a pitty. I might not be the first backpack tp think of for bushcraft, but it has a innovative technique and looks robust.
Even the price is

Kotteman

Tenderfoot
Jun 3, 2009
Östansjö Sweden
Some of my teachers at school have a Mjölner backpack. The only problem i think is that it’s designed for climbers so it’s high and thin, that can be a problem when you are out in the woods and it’s hard to pack because of that. I recommend either a soft pack from Norröna and Bergans or a framepack from Norröna and Fjällräven . Dessutom är de billigare

timboggle

Nomad
Nov 1, 2008
Hereford, UK
Yes, i've used them and they are perfect for 'walk-ins' on climbing jobs and extended expeditions, very robust with a good harness, good for hoisting equipment up on ropes, etc.

No faults at all

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
no, but I had two gungners. One was sent back because of faulty sewing. The other one also failed in the stitches. Got my money back.

I've had a few items from Klättermusen. The packs, two jackets and a pair of trousers. One jacket was a shell jacket that was mighty expensive, it delaminated after a year or so, and it was after the warrenty had expired. The other jacket was an eta-proof jacket that still serves me today. Except one seam has gotten loose, okay after some 5 odd years, I can't blame it. It has been with me from SE asia to spitzbergen. The trousers also delaminated. Got my money back though.

So, my lesson learned, don't expect wonders from Klättermusen, no matter how expensive they are. Sometimes you don't get what you pay for. And another opinion of mine is that their technical details are more of an annoyance than a solution to any problem. I've tried a guy a knows Mjölner and wasn't very impressed with it at all. Not for that price.

Marsdijk

Oct 13, 2008
Veenendaal
After two yeas I finaly bought one. Walks great but I find find it hard to adjust. nice piece of technick combined woth a sober design

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE