Wisport Raccoon 45 hydration pack query

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JroW84

Oct 11, 2016
Kent
Hi guys,

Recently bought a new bag by a Polish company called Wisport. Just arrived today and really happy with it; 45 litre, a fair amount of MOLLE bits on it for some side pouches, adjustable back length as I'm tall etc etc (http://www.military1st.co.uk/raccoon45atacs-le-wisport-raccoon-45l-rucksack-a-tacs-le.html)

On the website I got it from (Military1st, who were very speedy by the way!) it says in the description that it has a hydration compartment. Which it does. It even has clips on both shoulder straps to clip the hose into. However, I don't seem to be able to find the poxy hole (story of my life) the hose fits through to get it from inside the main compartment to outside! I am a bit thick and I may be missing something blindingly obvious so if anyone knows/has any experience with these bags let me know before I butcher it a bit and make a DIY hole!

Cheers guys,

Jack.

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
I've not got one, but from one of the photos on your link, it looks like possibly there is a downturned flap just behind the top of the left (the wearers left side) shoulder strap?

Philster

Settler
Jun 8, 2014
Poole, Dorset
Not got this model but website says this which may help :)

The backside of the main compartment has a flat pocket, which can be used for carrying a laptop or small radio station. Above the flat pocket are small zip pocket, hook for attachment of hydration bag and passage hole for hydration hose or antennas. The passage hole itself is protected against water trickling down the hose or the air.

JroW84

Oct 11, 2016
Kent
Thank you both for the input, found it! No damage done either. Have to say I am genuinely impressed with this bag.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Big fan of my wisport reindeer. I like to call it the thinking mans sabre lol
Hi, yes they look great bits of kit but are they as comfortable on your back as the Karrimor Sabre ?
Not a facetious question , I've got a sabre 35 but have been flirting with the wisport zipperfox as I like the idea of having quick access to all areas in the bag.... It's just because the Sabre is so comfortable that I've not swapped it yet...

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Hi, yes they look great bits of kit but are they as comfortable on your back as the Karrimor Sabre ?
Not a facetious question , I've got a sabre 35 but have been flirting with the wisport zipperfox as I like the idea of having quick access to all areas in the bag.... It's just because the Sabre is so comfortable that I've not swapped it yet...

My reindeer is the 45ltr version which comes with a full adjustable back system. I find it a good bit more comfy than i did the sabre 45. it has better hip belt and shoulder strap too imo
It also just seems to ride nicer, and with smaller side pockets is less bulky

Its gonna be a personal fit thing if you find the zipper fox more comfy than the sabre. But it will be on par as far as quality goes for sure

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE