Hi from London soon Australia

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
S

Stu_UK-Aus

Hi everyone,

My name is Stu, I'm 30yo, graduate architect (that means lots of years studying and more hours on a computer than I would like) also have experience in residential construction labouring and some knowledge of auto mechanics from a hobby.

I will be moving to Australia in 4 weeks with a work holiday visa to try some backpacking and learn more about the world - I'm hoping to get more of the wild-country experience as a change of scene from London - as opposed to the crowd who go for drinking!

Have a basic good sense for navigation and awareness, but I'm looking up wilderness survival courses over there to get myself clued up. http://www.bobcoopersurvival.com/index.asp

If I had more time and money I would take a bushcraft course over here first, the ones on RayMears look great https://www.raymears.com/Bushcraft_Courses/

I'll also be looking for a good backpack and happier to buy a good condition used pack, I'm 6ft1, 85kg. I was looking at berghaus vulcan size 3 (even with the side pockets removed - maybe too big), or the karrimor sabre 75. I tend to like the practical style of the military aimed gear, instead of the more sporty look. Any suggestions?

That's about it for now :)

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Hi Stu, welcome to the forum, sounds like you're leaving the dream, nice one :) I might be selling a Karrimor 80-130 with side pouches and yoke soon, in as new condition, all buckles etc intact, might be a spot of mud on it somewhere but nothing obvious. If I do sell it I'll be posting up soon, keep your eyes on the classifieds.

ALB on your trip.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Hi Stu, welcome to the forum, sounds like you're leaving the dream, nice one :) I might be selling a Karrimor 80-130 with side pouches and yoke soon, in as new condition, all buckles etc intact, might be a spot of mud on it somewhere but nothing obvious. If I do sell it I'll be posting up soon, keep your eyes on the classifieds.

ALB on your trip.
Now that is a great offer!

Welcome to the forum Stu, it seems you've hit the ground running ... :)

Karrimor SF rucksacks are the mutts nuts as far as I'm concerned, and I've tried a few different makes.

I got the 60-100 ltr with the PLC side pouches too (for longer trips) and the thing is bomb-proof, super comfortable and I wouldn't swap it for any other bag.
Nice gesture of Bopdude to give Stu first dibs...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE