Kite Fishing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jason01

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 24, 2003
jdlenton said:
I've always wanted a rev but never had the money when one turned up whats an NPW?

The Rev's are expensive for what they are, but then theres nothing else that flies quite like them. If you have access to a sewing machine you can make your own, some plans for the 1.5 series here

Rev's and NPW's

The NPW is a Nasa Parawing, designed by Rogello in the late 60's as part of a series of foils intended to control re-entry of the space shuttle scaled down and turned into a kite. Basically it a single skin traction foil, generates lots of drag, quite controllable and fairly slow flying, cheap and simple relativ to the double skin foils, some details on the above link also.

Im not sure about a Rev for kite fishing Stu, much as I love Rev's ;) I think you'd have trouble getting the line out far enough, I reckon a single line sled type or a rokaku would work better, something simple and stable with a low angle of flight.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
NPW= a NASA wing Arr I think you could fish with a small one of those on a single line that would work ?
I used to have one but my mate took a fancy to it so I gave it him as it rarely came out of my bag.
I’ve seen some really good photos of the NASA experiments for re-entry vehicles even saw some photos of an ejector seat on one apparently the were thinking that they could get a long glide path out of them so if the plane ditched over the ocean the crew could glide there ejector seats back towards or on to the land nice idea wonder why it didn’t work?

A rev for fishing? I’m not sure you would be able to lift you catch with a rev especially if you had a few fish on the line

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE