kitchen knife i have made.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
this is knife number 3 that i have made, i decided to have a go at a kitchen knife, its my dads 65th birthday today, he does not have a great deal, and has no good kitchen knifes, and every moment with him at the minute, is very special to me, as im getting older, and he is getting older, i realise how short life is, so i could not have bought he something that i have put so much time into as this, and every time he cuts his cheese, and tomatoes in the kitchen, i hope he thinks of me.
its 01 tool steel, i have tapered the tang on this, as i wanted to try that, i gave it a nice distal taper, it has micarta scales, and stainless pins, it cuts like a dream, i designed this my self, and gave the knife a nice profile so that your thumb sits naturally in the swoop at the top.
any how hope you guys like.

a kitchen knife i made for dad by lucky_lee, on Flickr
all comments are welcome.
thanks for looking.
take care.
lee.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
thanks guys i hope so, its his party tonight, so will give it him then, i had a golf cake made for him too, as he loves golf.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Lee, that is stunning mate. Think its about time you packed the leather in and went full time with the steel.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Very nice indeed mate, lovely thing to give yer da.........................you're right, time with the folks is precious, grab it while you can.......................atb mac

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
thanks for the kind words guys they mean a lot.
johnboy, im looking forward to doing more of the knife side mate, but my heart and soul will always be with leather bud, and by doing this, im able to do the 2 most things i love the most, and thats working with my hands.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
That's a beauty Lee. Strange how we use kitchen knives the most - and often value them the least?? I could see a set of those building up over the years in different sizes and types...lovely

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
That's a beauty Lee. Strange how we use kitchen knives the most - and often value them the least?? I could see a set of those building up over the years in different sizes and types...lovely
thank you red, i have terrible kitchen knives, as most do i suppose mate, and we use them so much, and its satisfying when you slice a tomato with a good knife lol. when i desighned this, i had that chore in mind, cucumber, tomato, celery that type of thing.
thanks again, peoples comments do mean a lot, as i no if i have done something right or not.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Mine are...okayish I suppose ...Sabatiers......but not a patch on a proper Global or the like. I had hands on a Stu Mitchell one once that a kind member put a handle on for me. I ended up giving it to my brother who loved it and still uses it. Probably a good market for hand made kitchen knives.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Lovely looking knife and yes it's difficult to find quality knives for the kitchen without spending a fortune. I can see that becoming that favourite knife you always reach for..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE