Kit prices in Sweden?

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
I've hopefully got a couple of visits to Ostersund in Sweden next year. I know it's the home of Woolpower (who have a factory shop), and probably a number of great outdoor brands, but I'm wondering if the kit is actually cheaper than in the UK? The few Swedish online retailers I've found seem to have prices similar to the UK.

If it it's cheaper then I'll be looking for a set of Woolpower thermals, some Fjallraven trousers, and possibly a shiny/sharp treat from Gransfors or Fallkniven.

Tobes

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
If it it's cheaper then I'll be looking for a set of Woolpower thermals, some Fjallraven trousers, and possibly a shiny/sharp treat from Gransfors or Fallkniven.

About the same prices for most kit. Fjällräven Forester trousers are the same mail order from RM as from many local stores. The Woolpower outlet is good (about 60% prices IIRC). The Östersund outdoor kit stores are more or less disapointing. Naturkompaniet is "lifestyle with an outdoor profile" (20 years ago they were good stuff for "our" kind of people, but sometimes have some seconds/returns on Hillebergs tents (IIRC there is a Hillebergs outlet somewhere), Landbys (the hunting store) has some stuff one might want (Härkila, Trangia, etc) even without being into killing innocent animals and disposing of the evidence by eating the corpses, ABC Wildmark is 95 % hunter/fisher clothes and kit, Terräng has some usefull stuff, as well as Tactical Tatonka^W^WTasmanian Tiger and all the other "tactical kit" anyone might ever want (tactical kevlar gloves, tactical belts, tactical sunglasses, tactical spoons, tactical condoms... not sure about the last item, might be misremembering). Some of the sports stores carry some kit, often cheaper than the outdoor stores.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
:)

Many thanks, as I suspected - I'll sort the shopping before I go and spend my time doing better things than mooching round a shopping mall...

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
Take the trip to Järpen to visit the Lundhags factory outlet. They carry lots of discounted stuff and if your lucky also some boots at reduced prices. Further, in Are, there is a Klättermusen falgship store; definitvely not cheap!

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
In my experience, you'll be lucky to find kit the same price as in the UK, unless it's heavily discounted as above. You'll be better off buying in the UK, unless you're taking loads of gear and expecting to be stung by an overweight baggage allowance.

Cheers, Michael.

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
If you have enough time and don't mind searching, try some of the socalled "loppis".
These are secondhand stores and I have found some fantastic bargains there.
The last time I went there I had a alu framed backpack, 2 kuksa's, a knitted hat jeepdriverstyle, a fleece vest for my son and 2 ex-military caps for him and my oldest daughter for the amazing grandtotal of €5,50!

These "loppis"-shops can be found anywhere.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE