Kit check list

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
Hi
Being new to weekend camp outs, I've never really got well organised in what to take with me, so I am searching for an already drawn up kit list for a two nighter that I can compare with, to see if I've covered the essentials.
This time I am going by car so I can always leave kit I don't use in the car.
If any one has list they go by and any golden rules they follow and for best practice how they pack them i would be very grateful.
Cheers
Bill

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
That's my system, a little bit from a different perspective.

0.5 day:

- Items you need for given activity (compas, map, knife etc),
- clothes on your back.

1 day:
- items you need for your activity
- clothes on your back upgraded with some "just in case" (rain, cold).
- fuel for you (water, ready food).

2 days/overnighter:
- items for your activity
- clothes on your back, upgrade to just in case, upgrade with spare underware.
- body and kit maintenance pouch (hygiene, ist aid, duck tape etc)
- fuel for your body (this is border line where you can get by with ready stuff, or upgrade to cooker/water purification).
- sleep system: something to sleep in, on and under. For one night you need only basic like pad, bivvi, SB.

3 days or more:
- items for your activity
- clothes on your back and spares.
- body and kit maintenance upgraded to proper 1st aid kit, full wash bag etc
- fuel for your body and ways to replenish them like water purification system, cooker, hunting/fishing stuff.
- upgraded sleeping system, something bombproof as you can't afford soaking wet kit for your next night.

Clothes: underwear, insulation, shell, acessories (gloves, gaters, hat, mosqito head net, etc).
Sleep system: Tarp, ground sheet, hammock, quilts.
Fuel: water filter+bladder+bottle, alcohol stove, big+small pot, KFS set, cutting board/plate.
Body maintenance kit: hygiene item, 1st aid kit combined with kit repair stuff as they are interchangable, d tape can hold a broken finger for example.
Toys/activity items: compas, map, torch, multitool, knife, axe, etc

The biggest thing about the kit is deciding wheather given object is really needed or just a comfort item (and you are happy to carry the weight).
Also don't get caught in "just in case" mentality. One reason I don't like survival kits in the woods. You are carrying a pretty good survival kit on your back already.
Hope it helps.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE