King Forest, Thetford & Review Luckylee Belt, bookcover

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tim_c

Feb 23, 2012
Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
At lunchtime today I decided to grab my rucksack and cycle out of town to walk in the King Forest. After leaving the house I found a sandwich shop for lunch and then rather than looking at a map I decided just to follow my sense of direction. Apart from a short stretch on the A143 I got there OK. I even found some secure bicycle parking (behind a big tree).

P1020071s.jpgP1020072s.jpgP1020073s.jpgP1020074s.jpg

I walked for 30-mins before stopping for lunch somewhere quiet where I could setup my Luxe Mini Peak II. The house I'm renting doesn't have a garden so this was my first play with the thing! I'd got half way through packing up before I remembered to take a picture so here is the outer only with 6-pegs.

P1020080s.jpgP1020081s.jpg

I had an idea for an over-belt that could hold my pouches so they wouldn't all bunch together when I took the belt off and wouldn't slip around when I wanted to move quickly. I drew my idea and emailed it to Luckylee. Before I knew it the belt had arrived recorded delivery in the post and was exactly as I'd imagined. It works very well. Todays load was a '58 pattern bottle (and crusader cup etc), first aid kit and a Victorinox Swisstool X. The fit & finish is excellent, exactly the right size. A beautiful piece of work.

P1020076s.jpgP1020077s.jpgP1020079s.jpg

I also asked Luckylee for a leather book cover. I like to keep hand written notes about everything and the cover adds serious class to my moleskine A5 squared notebook. The fit is perfect and the finish is excellent, my initials in the front and my wifes in the back and an oak leaf on the front.

P1020083s.jpg

On the cycle ride home I saw this poor fella on the road. There was a 'warning reptiles' road sign but the road was national speed limit 60 and lots of traffic.

P1020085s.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE