Kifaru Express Rucksack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andyross

Nov 14, 2006
U.K.
Just a few pics and an initial impression rather than a review. After a few hours playing with this bag, loading it with various bits and pieces and adding and taking off pockets and pod I have decided I like it :) . Reassuringly built I believe this bag, after long searches and too much money spent trying out different bags, will be with me for a long, long time. Heavy, well stitched, tough material, adjustable beyond my needs and did I mention very comfortable once on even with fairly heavy weight (always have to take a small cast iron frying pan with me :rolleyes:). If I had a moan it would be that it is very green compared to other bags I have had in OD, will be fine when used and a little faded.
To give you an idea of size I managed to get a fairly bulky sleeping bag in the pod on the bottom. In one pocket I put a full sized Alpkit airic mattress and in other went a lighweight tarp and bivi bag. Left whole pack free for all sorts of nonsense including frying pan :D .
A few pics for your perusal

Express on its own.
23062009049.jpg

With two long pockets and a medium pod.
23062009047.jpg

Rear end :D .
23062009048.jpg

Inside top view.
23062009050.jpg

Open at either end.
23062009051.jpg

Hope you enjoyed these pics :) .

Cheers Andy

andyross

Nov 14, 2006
U.K.
Hope you don't mind the question; but how much did it set you back?
Looks a good well thought out piece of kit.

NLW

I don't like to say in case the missus looks over my shoulder :eek:, it weren't cheap though . Have a look on the Kifaru site. This one is last years model which they are discounting at the mo. Its all the extra's you end up adding on though that costs. I tried many bags but at 6'3" and built like the proverbial outhouse and may I add not in a good/healthy way :rolleyes: , this is the most comfortable pack I have ever tried.
https://www.kifaru.net/2008MG.html

Cheers Andy

andyross

Nov 14, 2006
U.K.
Fully understand lol. No worries.
You should get years out of that. Not easy finding the right load carrier though.

You're right about finding the right one to fit. I loved the sabre45 it was just to short for me and never keen on some of the flashy coloured sacks from a lot of the big names.

Cheers Andy

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Beautiful piece of kit, excellent design, materials and construction, the price becomes insignificant as the benefits of carrying and using outweigh everything else.

And continue to do so for years to come!
happy0054.gif

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
looks a real good sturdy bag, hope it stands you in good stead.

i like the idea that you have the main sack/body free for lots of other stuff, whilst keeping your kip gear easily accessed, if you have your scran/brew gear on the top of the bag there's no need to root through or do a full repack every time you pitch up!

Adam.

M

Maverick47

This looks like a great bag, the only thing that spoils it for me is the colour of the clips.

Why make an OG bag and put tan clips on it?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE