Kids walk out in NW

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

drago

Feb 25, 2010
Blackpool / liberia
can anyone recommend some decent places to go with a 6 1/2 year old in tow around the blackpool / over wyre area (upto 3/4 hours drive from knott-end)

My little girl has told me that she wants to hike out with me, so like the doting dad i said no probs, and then it struck me that i didnt want to take her on a massive or challenging (for a 6 year old) hike as it would really put her off, but also want somewhere we can go to show her some basic bush craft...... the thing is i am now stuck as where to take her as i am still exploring the area myself (recently moved there from the east mids, where the forest walks would have been purfect)

so if anyone has some good suggestions as i would really like her to get an A1 hike for her first trip out.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
How about Beacon Fell Country Park?

Beacon Fell Country Park is one of the oldest in the country, having been designated in 1970.

It is 10 miles outside the city centre (Preston) and consists of 271 acres of woodland, moorland and farmland, with a summit 873 feet above sea level offering spectacular views of the Forrest of Bowland and Morecambe Bay. On a clear day it is even possible to see the Isle of Man.

The popular park boasts a visitor centre with café, picnic areas, six car parks, forest walks and viewpoints. There is an abundance of wildlife to enjoy - ranging from rabbits and hares, to deer, stoats and weasels.
http://www.preston.gov.uk/about/facts--faces-and-places/places/beacon-fell/

Lovely place, and can be quite an adventure for the little uns!

Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE