kids and knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Norton

Tenderfoot
Jul 17, 2009
Glasgow
I was a little concerned what flare was teaching the kids as well, I realise Adam and Eve will have gone down that path in the Bush but I'm not so sure it's relevant to modern Bushcraft. :)

all the scouts of my troop have used my mora's
only one has cut himself (twice) both times through doing things i had told him not to do. he now knows not to do them.
as for my step daughter shan who is nearly nine she has her own pocket and fixed blade knives, she knows not to use them without me right next to her to supervise but she is learning well.
As for my son he's still too young but i have the knives waiting in storage for when he is old enough.

I am firmly of the belief that teaching young people that knives are tools not weapons will prevent knives being used for violent reasons far better than legislation banning them. fortunately this is an attitude shared by my GSL and the majority of the scouts parents

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE