Kicking and screaming!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gaz_miggy

Forager
Sep 23, 2005
Hereford
my own personal enjoyment of being out there, being with the eliments and also being away from the monatony of day to day life, i love the simplisity of it all walk camp carry on.

K

karen

I also find that this time of year is hard to get motivated into going out. I have taken to strolls with a friend (who has a dog). Iam also lucky enough that where i live in the Valleys there are endless places to take a short or long walk. I dont tend to camp out until about April as I get miserable in the cold (not a good thing), so all throughout the winter i walk, a lot.

I think my main motivation when i do get out there properly is a thirst just to be outside, dont care what im doing as long as im doing something! The fresh air seems to be the one thing that kick starts me completely, makes me want to be out in it and sitting/walking/taking photos/tracking/playing games/id'ing plants & animals. My new interest is trying to learn bird song so thats another motivation at the mo too. :lmao:

Thats just the begining!

Karen

soup_monger

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 30, 2005
EDINBURGH AND PERTH
karen said:
I think my main motivation when i do get out there properly is a thirst just to be outside, dont care what im doing as long as im doing something!

I think you hit the nail on the head with that Karen.
I'm off to the woods this weekend and although the weather forecast is not great and it might be -3 on Saturday night. I HAVE to go, as it's been too long since I disappeared on my own for a few days exploring.
It'll be the first field test for my MagiKelly tarp too so the wet weather might not matter that much. :)

soup_monger

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 30, 2005
EDINBURGH AND PERTH
Well, I did get out there last weekend so thanks to all the people who posted on this thread and helped motivate me to get out there instead of writing about getting out there.
Here's a photo one of my camps somewhere North of Dunkeld. It's an isolated stand of trees with plenty of fallen deadwood for the fire and a river about 100yrds South.
It was a 25 mile round trip and the weather wasn't great with no visibility ,but,it was great to be out there all the same. :)
Dunkeldtrip13.jpg

william#

Settler
Sep 5, 2005
sussex
soup_monger said:
Well, I did get out there last weekend so thanks to all the people who posted on this thread and helped motivate me to get out there instead of writing about getting out there.
Here's a photo one of my camps somewhere North of Dunkeld. It's an isolated stand of trees with plenty of fallen deadwood for the fire and a river about 100yrds South.
It was a 25 mile round trip and the weather wasn't great with no visibility ,but,it was great to be out there all the same. :)
Dunkeldtrip13.jpg

ooh like your set.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE