KFS swiss army style

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Buster80

Forager
Apr 12, 2015
Scotland
Hi

I remember having a Swiss army style knife fork spoon combo back in my youth and would like to get one again.

Seems it's all about sporks these days but I would prefer a proper kfs,a small sharp knife included would be a bonus also.

Only ones I can see are from China and I'm not convinced on the quality.

Buster

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Can't find a link as I'm on my phone but Soligen (spelling?) made/make a knife that looks like a silver SAK, but when you open the knife & fork the knife splits in two to use as cutlery. They were nicely made too.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
These are very common in France and a selection can be found in almost any supermarket or sports shop so Decathlon may have them in the UK. There is a French army issue version that combines a SAK with a fork and spoon but its too heavy in my view. If it's anything to do with food, you can rely on the French.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
I haven't used a camping kfs since I left the cubs many years ago.....always managed just fine with whatever knife I happen to have on me at the time and a bog standard racing spoon (just a normal desert spoon, cut down by half length and with a hole drilled in the handle end to attached it to my pocket by a bit of para cord....so named, I believe, as it's whipped out and used to race down your scoff between other activities lol).

A couple of years ago I was feeling all exotic and ordered myself a pair of two part (per stick) break down titanium chop sticks and I love them.....eat everything solid with them now and anything liquid gets tipped up and drunk :)

As those who know me will attest, food and eating is very important to me but to be fair I'm more a quantity over quality and speed over finesse sort of eater.....think feeding time for hyenas who have learned to use spoons ;)

Cheers,

Bam. :)

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
Lifeventure do a good stainless steel set help together with a karabiner, never had a problem with them and slightly smaller than a set from the kitchen.

Tonyuk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE