key ring survival items?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
You don't need survival things on your key ring in the UK I would have thought, just keys and a button torch should do, nothing else springs to mind for walking round town with.

are you mental??! lol there's no way I'd survive without my WoW authenticator...... bugger... my name is 3bears, and I have a problem...

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
Edited to add:

Deaths of people aged 10 - 29 years for all causes of homicide.
(Lithuania 4.64 per 100,000 of population)
(Hungary 0.8 per 100,000 of population)
(United Kingdom 0.58 per 100,000 of population)

Deaths of people aged 10 - 29 years from sharp implements.
(Lithuania 1.77 per 100,000 of population)
(Hungary 0.39 per 100,000 of population)
(United Kingdom 0.23 per 100,000 of population)

So it looks like these crimes are a real problem up there.

:(

I was very surprised, thanks for that. I don't want to hijack the thread, so let's leave this behind...

BigM

Forager
Jul 2, 2009
The West
I keep this in my wallet. It's dead handy for everyday things but I don't really see it as much of a survival tool.

The most used item is the pen, followed by the scissors.
photokib.jpg

photo2sc.jpg

photo3ez.jpg

It's been bashed about a bit and is held together with gaffer tape!

Last edited:

MSkiba

Settler
Aug 11, 2010
North West
No survival items here. No need in the city. As long as I have the number for roadside recovery, and a way to recharge my phone in the car, thats all thats needed.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Mine looks like 3bears :D

Door key, Spyderco ladybug, spy capsule with antihistamines, peanut lighter, spycapsule with a rolled up £10 note, small led torch, another led torch but solar powered, button compass, spy capsule sewing kit, Swiss Army knife, (smallest one, mostly 'cos it's got the tweezers and nailfile) detachable keyring for car keys, a small pen, and a length of accessory cord.

It's just a bunch of useful stuff that goes in my bag or pocket as I go out the door.

cheers,
Toddy

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
lol though my capsule just contains an 'emergency Pizza £10' and the paracord keyfob is used when I have to hold the keys in my teeth- much nice than nibbling on a world of warcarft authenticator ;)

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Here's mine

image uploader

Left to right (clipped on a Nite Ize S Biner Ahhh) P51 can opener, Dave budd BCUK copper fob, Peanut lighter, Ally capsule containing meds, a key, Blade Tech knife sharpener, ACME tornado whistle, small Laguilole folder, chubb key.

I keep this in my wallet. It's dead handy for everyday things but I don't really see it as much of a survival tool.

The most used item is the pen, followed by the scissors.
photo3ez.jpg

It's been bashed about a bit and is held together with gaffer tape!

dont forget that its not a legal EDC thats a fixed blade and and the scissers are also not EDC (yes i know but thats wha tthe law says)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE