Kettles to hang over a fire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
I just use a 1.5L Tatonka stainless tea pot that I picked up from Tamarack, I was a bit worried about the rubber on the handles burning but so far I've had no problem.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I'm also looking for a 'camp kettle' - though I'd like one that is around 3 litres and has a whistle so I know when it is boiling all over the fire! - it will be used on a grid so no need to be hangable

I have been looking for years with no luck and beginning to think it is a 'holy grail' - can anyone prove me wrong?;)

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
hmmmm - whats your 2l one then Hugh - to be honest I was plucking a number out the air really - 2 may be ok....

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Just a simple kettle - Works well on the cooker, range or fire. 18/10 steel (all steel including the whistle). Good heavy base and a nice whistle.

385849276_d28d369d85.jpg

2220865987_882f57a2e3.jpg

Found it in a local cookshop but I have seen them in several places around the £25 - £30 mark

Red

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
one of these perhaps?? outwell kettle
(i've got one on order ;) )

I am sure there is a bigger version of this kettle, I have been trying to find one ever since uncle Ray was using on on the Wild Food series.

Does anyone have any ideas as to where they can be bought, I have tried asking Blacks, but got the "no idea" answer. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
I am sure there is a bigger version of this kettle, I have been trying to find one ever since uncle Ray was using on on the Wild Food series.

Does anyone have any ideas as to where they can be bought, I have tried asking Blacks, but got the "no idea" answer. :confused: :confused: :confused:

http://www.outwell.de/ is the manufacturers website.

Largest kettle they do is 2L, which is a different design.

http://www.outwell.dk/Furniture.aspx?b=Outwell&bid=2&lid=1&l=en-GB&ProductId=334&pid=9&CategoryId=78

Perhaps it was from someone else.

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
Galvanized bucket holds 10ltrs and costs about a fiver, can leave it on the fire all day and have all the hot water you need for everthing apart from hot drinks...

LS

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE