kent meetups

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bushcrafty1

Aug 10, 2009
Deepest Darkest Kent
I was just wondering if the members from the kent area meet up on a regular basis or have any meetups scheduled soon that i could pop along to so i can introduce myself and get out and about.

Or if there are no meets organised then perhaps we could get one on the go ?

Jim..

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
Hi Jim, welcome aboard. :)

It seems we're all full of good intent but sometimes don't quite manage to be as social as we could! If I'm off out for a forage at any time I'll post a heads up and you're very welcome to join me if you feel like it - as is anyone else who might be about, naturally.

There was also some discussion about popping over to Bluebell Hill (near Maidstone) at some point but so far no firm date for it that I know of.

bushcrafty1

Aug 10, 2009
Deepest Darkest Kent
Hi Jim, welcome aboard. :)

It seems we're all full of good intent but sometimes don't quite manage to be as social as we could! If I'm off out for a forage at any time I'll post a heads up and you're very welcome to join me if you feel like it - as is anyone else who might be about, naturally.

There was also some discussion about popping over to Bluebell Hill (near Maidstone) at some point but so far no firm date for it that I know of.

Thanks for that Bud, if you do head out give me a shout i will definatly pop over to say hi and have a mooch about.

there are some fairly large woods near me and i am going to try and get in contat with the owners about possibly having permission to go on there so i will have a word if all goes well and see if i can set up a few overnighters with the owner.

RangerKris

Sep 29, 2008
Chatham Kent
Thanks for that Bud, if you do head out give me a shout i will definatly pop over to say hi and have a mooch about.

there are some fairly large woods near me and i am going to try and get in contat with the owners about possibly having permission to go on there so i will have a word if all goes well and see if i can set up a few overnighters with the owner.

I tried but it never took of might be the cost to cover insurance that put people off i have woods to use and just finished a over night session about 2 hours ago. Made 3 rounders bats on the pole lathes

bushcrafty1

Aug 10, 2009
Deepest Darkest Kent
I tried but it never took of might be the cost to cover insurance that put people off i have woods to use and just finished a over night session about 2 hours ago. Made 3 rounders bats on the pole lathes

Hi RangerKris,
i think i read that thread about meets at capstone park.
I live in lordswood so walk through there regularly. Would love to have a go at pole lathe one day so if your ever in the turning mood and wouldnt mind somone to join you then give me a shout.
or if your going to do another overnighter and would like some company i would be happy to join you.

Jim..

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
Anybody going out for mooch about, or are there any meets happening in our area??Or maybe we could meet up in a pub for a chatter about bushcraft and have a few sociable beers.We really should get something organized in our neck of the woods :)

crushthesystem

Forager
Nov 18, 2009
Maidstone, Kent
i think we should there must be plenty of us in kent? even if it is just for a drink somewhere to get to know each other? i'm new to bushcraft and wouldn't mind just a social meet first and then maybe think about organising something proper?

SKI

May 14, 2008
KENT
I'd be up for a bit of chit chat, the quetion is when and where? I can make most weekend's with a bit of notice, and do we want to do this before or after xmas?

crushthesystem

Forager
Nov 18, 2009
Maidstone, Kent
i don't think it matters when as long as everybody can make it. weekend sounds good to me to be honest but we would have to decide on a place to all meet up and of course a date but yeah if everybody decides together i don't mind when as my weekends usually consist of fishing or generally finding an excuse to be outside so i never have fixed plans for the weekend really.

crushthesystem

Forager
Nov 18, 2009
Maidstone, Kent
well where would be good for everybody? i'm from maidstone and don't drive so somewhere with good public transport would be good for me to be honest but other than that any pub that has some ale in it would be fine by me

crushthesystem

Forager
Nov 18, 2009
Maidstone, Kent
yeah i think i could manage that i think it would have to be a lunch time pint based on bus times and stuff but yeah if everybody else is up for that then it sounds good to me

SKI

May 14, 2008
KENT
Yeah, that sounds good to me. If we're all up for this then we'll have to PM some names and numbers around.

... with reference to me putting a date and time, I now find I can't do that!!! :(
if you guys want to go ahead, please do.

Alternatively, you could go for somewhere different or more convenient to you all?

I'm not free now til end of January ... (wife reminded me I have a family! :) )

SKI

May 14, 2008
KENT
Well i'm still up for it, if you want to P.M me with names and numbers and if your ok with going to the Kings Arms at Boxley 12/12/09 at say 1 ish, then lets do it!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE