Kent meet - Cutting tool playday

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
Axes, Billhooks, Saws , Knives, Scythes - anything that cuts

There should be something suitable for almost any wood or vegetation cutting tool to be used on.

So if you would like to put you favorite tools or new Xmas acquisitions to some proper use
come along on Sunday 14/02/2010

There will be an area of coppice to fell & process - plenty to practice on
There will be at least one fire - once some firewood is cut.

Fire based cooking & hot drinks etc are usual

Good fun was had by all last time I did one of these

Anyone interested in coming along ?

Guidence for felling trees will be available

Meet at about 09:00 at the RSPB car park New road Rough Common

http://www.rspb.org.uk/reserves/guide/b/bleanwoods/index.asp

New faces & existing friends all :welcome1:

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2006
Kent
Great stuff Mike, had a great time on the last one so we'll try to make it & I'm sure the exercise after all the Christmas excesses will be welcome!

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
Link should be working now thanks

Sorry Mrs Chook its at Rough Common a little North West of Canterbury :vio:

I know so many nature reserves so little time ;)

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
I did wonder when you posted Rough Common but we haven't been up that way for quite a while! That's what I get for assuming it would be the same venue. :lmao:

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
Any excuse to get out in the fresh air and maybe do some campfire cooking appeals to me. Should be all three of us, possibly more if we can persuade friends to come along too.

We'll come dressed for snow. ;)

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
Any excuse to get out in the fresh air and maybe do some campfire cooking appeals to me. Should be all three of us, possibly more if we can persuade friends to come along too.

We'll come dressed for snow. ;)

Kettle & food on the fire as always. Don't worry about having to cut too much wood. I will use a chainsaw if required.

All others still welcome you don't need to bring anything, but I would recomened having some sort of cup /mug.

Please post if you can make it. :welcome1:

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
Darn it.

Scratch that, we've just been given three tickets to the last performance of the local Panto. Needless to say Squirt is lobbying for us all to go.

Sorry Mike, looks like we won't make it after all. :(

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
Hi mad mike could be up for this,need to get conformation from a friend first as he will be driving us down there.So pencil two in maybe thanks.

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
This meet does not seem to be taking off :(

So I am canceling it for now.

I you would like a meet one Sunday in February
Please post your preferred date(s)

Most seasonal woodland bushcraft activities can be practised
What would you like to do?

gaf098

Jun 10, 2008
Rochester uk
hi mad mike ill be up for it , im oceans 1975 mate so ill be coming down with him

ok for a sunday if Feb. how about 14th or 28th?

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
hi mad mike ill be up for it , im oceans 1975 mate so ill be coming down with him

ok for a sunday if Feb. how about 14th or 28th?

I assume this is for both of you at this stage either date is OK

We could even do both.
One in the woods with axes then the other at the Egerton site it should be availible even for an overnighter

Last edited:

bush tycoon

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2010
Essex
Hi there

This sounds like a really good day out. im new to bushcraft and would really like to get to use the range of cutting tools that used within bushcraft. Id be up for this and i would more then likely bring a friend along to. regarding dates i can't do the 6th or 7th of feb apart from that im happy to go along with what is decided

Jack

crushthesystem

Forager
Nov 18, 2009
Maidstone, Kent
is this still going on? if so i might be interested. is there any chance you could pm me with details? it would rely entirely upon if i could get there but it could be a good chance to meet some new people and have a laugh :)

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
The 14th Feb is looking good all other details as the 1st post in the thread

Also I met with Huw over the weekend (Owner of the Egerton site) he is OK for an overnight at his site at a later date. There should be a presence from his team on the 14th.

Please post if you will / will not attend on Sunday the 14th Feb.
we can try and arrange pick ups or lifts for those without transport

If there is anything you want to try or see please ask - it may be possible

Mike

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
This may or may not luz a spanner in, but Feb 14th??? Great if your partner is not overly romantically inclined or IS into bushcraft, but otherwise maybe a teensy sticking point?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE