Kent group March Outing - 21st-22nd March

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
So, announcing the BCUK Kent group's first weekend outing of 2015. This is a chance to practice skills, enjoy good company round the fire, and experience a beautiful Kentish woodland in early spring. While the meetup runs from 1300 on Saturday 21st, until around lunchtime on the 22nd, you can turn up for as little, or as much as you wish. You don't have to stay over if you don't want to.

Exact coordinates were given out at the pub meet on the 10th. If you want the exact grid ref, drop me a PM.

For planning purposes, and to put you in the ball park:

Date: 21st-22nd March
Time: 1300 RV. Distance from RV to basecamp is about 0.6km, if you want to arrive at other times, let me know and I'll arrange to either meet you, or give you a more exact grid ref.
Exfil: Sunday around lunch time.
Grid Ref: TR16 (yes that is a 2 fig reference, a 10km x 10km patch)
Nearest station: Chestfield and Swalecliff, or Canterbury West.
Nearest bus route: Unfortunately this is East Kent and thus buses do not exist ... Especially on a Sunday.
Terrain: Mixed Broad-leaf Woodland.
Parking: Available, at your own risk.
Water: There is a stream, it will need filtering/treating before use. Alternatively, bring your own.[1]
Sanitation: Every tree is a lavatortree... instruction manual...
Rubbish: Please take home all your rubbish. Leave no trace practices are encouraged.
Fires: Responsible ground fires permitted, will have a shared communal fire, try to keep number of fires to a minimum.

See you Saturday.

Thanks

Julia

[1]If you are coming by car and can carry a litre or 2 extra, that would greatly help anyone arriving on foot.

PebblyBeach

Jan 14, 2015
Whitstable
Logistics are looking impossible for Saturday night, but I'll be around Sat afternoon with some shiny toys.

Julia, I'll bring the Alpkit bivvy you wanted to try.

Jim.

JPL

Aug 19, 2009
Kent
Quixoticgeek has asked me (via other means) to pass the message that she has some problems with her account. Birchwood should have been in contact with those who have shown interest. If not, please contact Birchwood.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Ahah, I have the use of my account back again. Apologies for the brief interruption in service. Made notifying people of the position that little bit harder (and later) than planned. In all 7 people made it along at some point this weekend. I'll right up something in the out and about section shortly.

Hope to see you all at the pub meet on the 14th.

Cheers.

Julia

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE