Kent Bushcraft & Bows

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
There is now a day avalible at Littlehall Pinetum 22nd Oct

There has been a lot of posts on the Kent meet thread about an archery meet
I know this is short notice but the date has just become avalible & the days are drawing in.

Please post if you can come ASAP
brief details of archery you can bring would be nice

It wont be all archery I am sure there will be a kettle on fire most of the day

Mike

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Don't have a clue about archery but am interested in attending will need site name/directions etc.

woodmunky

Forager
Oct 3, 2006
Surrey
Sounds interesting? I'm still on my first bow... does that count? :)

Would still like to come down and watch (if get day free) - at the risk of sounding dumber than usual... whats the day likely to be like? What ya got planned?

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Guys

Wayne can't do the weekend and I'm waiting to hear if any of the Forest Knights will be there. Can anyone source some targets for us if the Knights can't bring theirs.

If all else fails we can just make it a practice day (god knows I'll need it)

Mike depending on numbers and setup time for the shoot is an overnight a possibility?, could you check with Libby?. We may need just a few of us on the Sat to get it all together.

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
I will check with Libby about overnighting.

Any Bow is better than the one I don't have

Children / animals OK. Must be well behaved & kept under control.
There are 2 resident cats on the site , there will be fire , sharp edges , & flying
arrows with a bit of luck. None of this should be a problem with due care.

Within reason you can do anything you like , the more you put in , the more you get out. Usual activities fire /firelighting , outdoor cooking & eating , carving , quick shelters :umbrella:

large area of woodland where low impact activities allowed. Want to try something jsut ask there will probebly be someone with advise/experience around

Archery will be dependant on avalible equipment bring what you can
I included archery as there were alot of posts on kent meet thread about it

Mike

P.S. 2 blackcat go on then whats wrong with this date ?

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
We'd like to pop along and join you if that's ok. Never shot a bow so will be content to just watch but it would be good to meet everyone and have a chance to chat. Prob. whole family (3 of us), depending on who's got what in terms of commitments.

Is there anything we should know/bring/be prepared for? As newbies to getting out and about among more seasoned pro's we're a bit clueless so my apologies.

Hello all, would love to come along if that's ok. Would be good to meet people and have some faces to go with the names! Echoing chickenofthewoods post; am a little new to all this so wondered if there are any costs attached of whether we need to bring anything? etc... Will probably be three of us if that's ok?

Cheers, Nick

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
All welcome bring a mug plate etc.food for the day also drinking water as no mains water on site
bring what ever you like , you can always leave it in the car

cost , location see kent meet thread
there is a link in post 4 of this thread

Mike

S

snake

hi mike
snake here put me down as a yes and if you do an allnighter just a thought that bloodline had what about starting at 1600hrs to 1600hrs due to the nights closing in. :rolleyes:cheers mike.i await ferther details.
regards snake. :beerchug:

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Rob said:
We will be able to be there and will bring down plenty of kit for people to use.

Is the sat night possible?

Whats the plan?

Thanks Rob. Is it just you & Mel or will any of the other knights be coming? also is it possible for you to bring targets?

As for a plan (usually I dont make plans that way nothing can go wrong) I tentatively suggest:-

Sat Mid-Late pm arrive & set up - have a recce and plan the course.

Sat Eve Eat drink & be Sociable

Sun am select few help set up targets. Some experienced archers could set up a practice session for those not so familiar with the gentle art.

Sun Late am - early pm everybody shoots the course & whatever

Sun late pm Pack up, find lost shafts (oh right!) say farewells & depart

Mike can you confirm with Libby about the overnight pls

Comments anybody Pls?

Nick

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Folks

The overnight is confirmed with Libby however Mike cant be there on the Saturday and depending on whether I can sort out an electrical problem with my transport I may not be able to get there either. Could you all PM me to let me know if youre coming amd particularly If you plan to overnight so I gan get a handle on numbers. Also it would be really helpful if one of the Kent meet guys who have been there before and knows the setup at Littlehall could offer to host and be there for the overnighters on Sat if I cant make it.

Cheers Nick

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE