kelly kettle

lurker

Feb 13, 2012
pembs
hi im after a kelly kettle, i have seen eco trekker, storm kettles etc, are some makes better than others? thanks.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I'm a KK fan myself. just remember it's limitations as to carrying and usage. I find that my hobo stove is smaller, lighter and more practical for hiking, but the KK is good to have at camp site. Imho, Cheers

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I've got a Kelly Kettle but wish I had a Ghillie Kettle due to the whistle, although the M-Kettle is superb too...

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I've recently got a storm kettle. Mines the f1, & boils half a litre, the finish is excelent, 7 i managed to get a boil time of 2 minutes 20 seconds on the 2nd boil.

Rob

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
we love ours,the kids never get bored of seeing the magic!

DSC03539-1.jpg

I have the Large Kelly Kettle I love it.
It holds the same amount as my kettle in thou house and boils just as quick, (I tested it in the Back garden)
I have the cook set for it as well which is a great add on and since it fits in the base it takes up no extra room

But!!!!!
Its Heavy & Bulky
The is no secure way to carry water in it

So as long as your vehicle based instead of hiking its perfect.

I keep 4x Sea to Summit X Mugs, A Spork, A Strikeforce Ferro Rod & some sachets of 3 in 1 coffee in there as well.

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
Ghillie kettles rock had one for three years now use it three or four nights a week throughout winter to brew up when out fishing just set it going and wait for the whistle get loads of fishermen asking about them

I have a 1.5l KK in stainless steel. It's definitely not a back packing option unless you are sharing loads. On a canoe trip it's invaluable. I love my KK. I wish I didn't have one so I could buy it all over again. My kids love getting the wee sticks and dropping them in. The base works well as a wod stove too though it is a bit of a footer.

Beware of aluminium ones as they are more likely to melt if you get the temperature up to high.

Windy

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
yep i got a maverick last year in the group buy with a cork as well as the whistle as long as its upright you can carry water in it.

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
I have the Explorer 1lt anodised version. Must say it does meet my expectations even getting going with damp wood picked up from the dog walk.

http://youtu.be/_CG8MF8FuLA

Ghillie just on the boil after 10 minutes start to finish getting the fire started to boil.

:campfire:

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE