kelly kettle

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
ime looking for one but theyre so expensive and never come on the market second hand! are there any copy type makes that sell cheaper? surely the chinese have coppied them!

saddle_tramp

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 13, 2008
West Cornwall
I had one, passed it on within a month

i liked the principle of it, but it was a cumbersome great thing to boil a pint or two of water

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I have the 1 pint Ghillie Kettle & love it, although even I have to admit that it's not the smallest item in my cooking / fire collection.

I mainly use it for static style camping, and it usually lives in the boot of the car - for that quick layby cuppa!

Worth the money IMHO, just remember that whilst it is very lightweight, it will take up a lot of space!

Simon

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I've got two I can't seem to get rid of,A great bit of kit for a static camp but a bit awkward to pack.

WolfCub

Forager
Aug 6, 2008
Bucks
Hi sapper1, if you want to put them on offer in the relevant 'forum' you'd probably get rid of them quite quick ? I'm certainly thinking of getting one, trying to justify cost of new though.

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
China/Hong Kong

Time to do bit of design and manufacture old mate. You are in the world of innovation and manufacture!

Can I suggest a screw top and screw cap on the spout. So water can be kept in, and fuel can be kept down the chimney, mug with wire handle similar concept as pattern 58. Also pattern 58 type wire handel on the water tank so it can be poured properly when hot. A little cup in the base of the boiler section so its like a triangia? Multifuel stove, wood, timber, gel.

its an idea, I will have one if you can get them made.:)

Sandsnakes

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Why don't you offer up one of your catties as a trade fishfish? Bet someone would go for it if its a nice one

Just a thought

Red

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Bushcraft kit designed by bushcrafters.

I like the kelly but it has a few flaws.

The cork stopper is not that good so it tends to leak or can get knocked out when in or on a pack. With a few design mods it could be an amazing bit of kit. So ideas for mods and then lets shop around to see if it can be made?

Any thoughts?

Sandsnakes

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
For those of you who looked at the thead about the Swiss army volcano cooker - sorry, they don't have any and can't get hold of any.

But I can.....

See a seperate thread in the group buy section.

Chri

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE