Kelly Kettle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
After reading this thread, I finally bought a Kelly Kettle - Well a Ghillie Kettle at least!

Bought the 0.5L size and used it in anger this weekend with some of the kids from school.

Because we were using it in the school grounds and didn't want kids breaking up the trees i asked maintenance for some scraps of timber. I bet I am the only person to burn mahogony in the kettle.

Must say I am very impressed with the kettle but am considering modding it. I think I will drill some holes in the fire bowl rim so that I can push tent pegs through and then use the pegs to support a billy so that I can cook on it as well as brew up.

Has anybody tried this and did it work?

Simon

al21

Nomad
Aug 11, 2006
In a boat somewhere
That is a slick teakettle. GSI hard anodized aluminum. It is inexpensive, the strainer insert is very nice for loose teas and it holds right about 1L. Perfect.

http://www.summithut.com/catalog/remap/product.asp/pfid/21652/

Hi Schwert,

A couple of questions about the kettle if I may. Is the strainer insert part of the standard kettle or something you added yourself, and did you buy yours from summithut.com? I had a brief look and P+P came out as $65 using Fedex (the only option as far as I could see). Otherwise,at $16 it looks like a good deal.

Al

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
The GSI teakettle came with the strainer basket and I did buy it from Summit Hut. It is not worth $65 though. It is a nice little kettle and well worth $20 with postage.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE