Keeping your kelly kettle sparkly clean.

Carcajou Garou

On a new journey
Jun 7, 2004
Canada
Instead of cleaning it, as said before the soot aids the heat transfer, just make a bag and put it in if getting other things dirty in your pack. Any old cotton..denim is good.CG

oops56

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 14, 2005
proctor vt.
take your old jeans cut off legs sew one end or tie both ends with string these legs are made for walking oops pot &pans

great Tip on using Soap using the kelly kettle, But as the OP asked has anyone got any idea on how to clean it i(f like me you used it before soaping it)?
Why some my ask........ Because we want to know and some of us actually like having clean well maintained kit,as apposed to a bag of stinking kit that may work slightly better!

Also as the soot builds up it doesn't allow the Cookset to fit in the fire base or the fire base to fit inside the kettle.

SussexRob

Dec 26, 2010
East Grinstead
I don't clean mine, don't see the point, especially the chimney.

If you do want to though, pink Brillo pads are the answer. Many a scout camp has been spent cleaning the outside of billies from soot when we forgot to "fairy up" the outside of them. We always used the pink Brillos and elbow grease.

roger-uk

Settler
Nov 21, 2009
long Eaton
I don't clean mine, don't see the point, especially the chimney.

If you do want to though, pink Brillo pads are the answer. Many a scout camp has been spent cleaning the outside of billies from soot when we forgot to "fairy up" the outside of them. We always used the pink Brillos and elbow grease.

From painful experinece you only forget to "fairy" up the bIllie once :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE