Kayak on the river Wye

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mowerman

Aug 23, 2015
Shropshire
Hi folks, I got a sit on top kayak and absolutely love going out and about on the river Severn and river teme that are both close to where I live.
However I would like to do a multi day trip with overnight camping and I think the river Wye looks like the best bet.
I'm going to start from glasbury an hopefully make it to Symonds yat.
Has anyone done anything similar ?
Any recommendations for campsites, shops and pubs etc ?
I've got the book but I would prefer to hear personal experiences.

Thanks in advance

Jimmy

andibs

Forager
Jan 27, 2012
S. Yorks
Done Hereford to symonds a few years back in an open. I camped at Hereford rowing club and I think Ross on Wye rowing club. I just contacted them in advance and arranged things. Also had a night in a field "called a campsite" just past Hoarwithy .

The youth hostel at Welsh Bicknor was also right on the river

Andy

mowerman

Aug 23, 2015
Shropshire
After a bit of research on the internet and buying the guide book I have decided to take the plunge and do a 3 day kayak trip.

Day 1 18km
I'm starting in glasbury and paddling to Whitney on Wye where I will stay overnight at the pound campsite.

Day 2. 20km
is Whitney on Wye to bycross. I am staying overnight at bycross farm campsite.

Day 3. 19km
Bycross farm to Hereford rowing club, pick up my car and head home.

It should be a fairly easy itinerary, I'm not out to break any records, I just want to have a nice few days out enjoy myself and test my kit.
I reckon the whole trip including food, fuel, camping and a taxi will come in at less than £120. I think that is absolutely fantastic value.
Anyway I must shoot. It's now after 4 am and I am leaving at 6am.
I can feel an afternoon snooze coming on if the sun is shining. I will take a few photos and post on here if I can.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE