Kathmandu Trekking Hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
I recently bought what I thought would be a tarp but is I believe actually a hammock (good old ebay:rolleyes:). Still its not the end of the world as its made by Kathmandu Trekking and looks like a fairly well made bit of kit.

It's about 2m x 1.5m, has a sleeve on each short side & six webbing attachment points. There's also two very long webbing utility straps although I don't know if these are an original part? It's possible to synch the long sides in with the drawcord next to the centre webbing loops. Does this help the hammock curl round the body?

IMG_0516.jpgIMG_0517.jpg

I'm a ground dweller normally and have never used a hammock so I'm looking for some suggestions on the best way rig this up. Also if anyway else has one I'd be keen to see your setup.

Last edited:

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
I definitely no expert, but this 'hammock' might be better with poles trough the short sleeves and then the attachment ropes from the poles to the trees. Something like this maybe.
stick-spreader-bar.jpg

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
I definitely no expert, but this 'hammock' might be better with poles trough the short sleeves and then the attachment ropes from the poles to the trees. Something like this maybe.
stick-spreader-bar.jpg

Thanks I kind of had that idea in my mind - guess I just need to get out and experiment.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE