Karrimor Skido Boot 92

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

iboga

Tenderfoot
Aug 26, 2010
England
Just thought Id post a headsup on these hiking boots by Karrimor.
Named the Skido 92 these are waterproof and pretty comfortable, I reckon after a few more days of wearing in, these should be very snug indeed.
The best part? Its gotta be the price: Reduced from £79.99 to £35.00 :D

karrimorskido92.jpg

karrimorskido92sol1.jpg

(p.s. got it from Sports Direct store)

telwebb

Settler
Aug 10, 2010
Somerset, UK
When they say 'metal shank' are they talking about running through the sole, and if so is this considered a plus point?

Cheers

iboga

Tenderfoot
Aug 26, 2010
England
I have no idea where the 'metal shank' is meant to fit on this boot, maybe it is running thru the sole? idk
but the boot has a fair bit of flex to it if I bend it, so the shank might be elswhere...
:confused:
Im gonna be paranoid now that I know theres a shank in my boot

telwebb

Settler
Aug 10, 2010
Somerset, UK
I really don't know if its a good thing or not - they obviously think it is otherwise why do it? I'm just curious as boots are just one of the many things I'm trying to learn the pros and cons of, especially those within my budget!

iboga

Tenderfoot
Aug 26, 2010
England
well Its good that you highlighted it as I've now done a bit of research and found where the 'shank' fits and what its for.

DFCA

Nomad
Aug 11, 2009
Monmouthshire
I am no expert but I believe the shank is a stiffener running along the sole of the boot. It is usually embedded intothe sole and adds a bit of rigidity, it is supposed to give extra support to the arch when standing, protect against penetration and stop the foot bending right back on itself and prevent injury. You most often see this on motorbike books and on some safety boots.

I havent seen it affect walking in them at all, I suspect it is there as a skidoo is a bit like a motorbike and so it is there as a fafety feature. Either way, these look like a bargain!

www.answerbag.com/q_view/1980878

ATB
Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE