Karrimor SF Predator 30

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

troutman

Nomad
May 14, 2012
North East (UK)
Hi folks,

I'm thinking about buying a Karrimor SF Predator 30 rucksack but need to know if the elastic side pouches are big enough to fit a round (cylinder type) 1L nalgene type water bottle?

Anyone have one that could check please? No info online! Cheers!

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
If you mean will a 1L bottle fit into the elasticated pocket at the side - then yes; you will have to use the first strap up to hold the bottle in place.

I've fitted Molle side pouches which will also hold a 1L bottle.

Reactions: troutman

troutman

Nomad
May 14, 2012
North East (UK)
If you mean will a 1L bottle fit into the elasticated pocket at the side - then yes; you will have to use the first strap up to hold the bottle in place.

I've fitted Molle side pouches which will also hold a 1L bottle.
Thanks Broch! How is the fit- any chance of it falling out or won’t fit when fully packed? Got a bag with side pouches which are secure but fiddly when you need a quick drink on the go

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Have a look at the 5.11 H20 Carrier and Tasman Tiger Bottle Holder.

Such solutions aren't fiddly and there is a lot of competition for these.

Nalgene Oasis or US army canteen for example fit well into British army MTP utility pouch. That's also robust and practical and even cheap.
(US army mug surely fits too but that I couldn't try out yet.)

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Thanks Broch! How is the fit- any chance of it falling out or won’t fit when fully packed? Got a bag with side pouches which are secure but fiddly when you need a quick drink on the go

I think it's pretty secure; unlikely to fall out unless you turn it upside down really.

However, I cannot reach it or replace it with the pack on my back.

I think the Nalgene bottle is a little wider (and squatter) than my Sigg but there's plenty of room so it should fit OK even if the pack is fully loaded.

SF Preditor 30.jpg

Reactions: troutman

campfreddie

Jul 8, 2021
London
Gents,
on a slightly different tack. How effective do you find the Predator waist belt?
I had this bag and found the waist belt annoying. It sits quite high as it's meant to be used with a belt full of pouches. The waist belt should go around the top of the hips to properly support the weight. I'm quite short (173cms) and it was too high for me. Got an Osprey Kestrel 48 instead and the comfort is another league especially with a full load.

Reactions: Erbswurst

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
To be honest, I don't think the Predator belt is a 'hip belt' designed to take load - it is definitely a waist belt and does that just fine. Karrimor SF make other bags with true hip-loading belts

Reactions: Erbswurst

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE