Karrimor Sabre 75 back length

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Karl5

Life Member
May 16, 2007
Switzerland
I've been looking at the Karrimor Sabre 75 for a while now, and feel it would fit my needs (read: wants) quite well.
I don't have any shop around here where I can try it out though, and as its a fixed back carrying system, I'm not sure if it would fit my back length.

I'm 5 foot 10.
Anyone who's got the pack that can advice me?

Thanks,
/ Karl

W

WOKKA

Hi Karl, I'm 5' 10" And Have A Sabre 75,and Find It Fits Me Fine. I Do Have A Long Back And Shorter Legs Though. Nice Rucksack And Very Comfortable. Cheers Paul.

O

oilyrag

I've been looking at the Karrimor Sabre 75 for a while now, and feel it would fit my needs (read: wants) quite well.
I don't have any shop around here where I can try it out though, and as its a fixed back carrying system, I'm not sure if it would fit my back length.

I'm 5 foot 10.
Anyone who's got the pack that can advice me?

Thanks,
/ Karl

They have them on special at Materialmagazin www.materialmagazin.ch in Zurich, welcome aboard by the way.

Karl5

Life Member
May 16, 2007
Switzerland
They have them on special at Materialmagazin www.materialmagazin.ch in Zurich, welcome aboard by the way.

Hey iolyrag!
Another one in Switzerland - feels good!!

Thanks for the tip! I didn't know about this place.
Had a quick look, and it seems like they have quite a lot of good stuff there.
My wallet is already trying to hide in the corner...

/ Karl

Mikkel

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2007
Denmark
Do you have a long or a short back, compared to your overall heigth?

I'm 6'4" but my upper body is short, so I was hoping that the Sabre75 would fit me :)

Karl5

Life Member
May 16, 2007
Switzerland
Should be fine on your back. I'm 6'2" and find it just a little too short.

See my gallery for pics and please read my description for each pic as it tells you more info:
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=1713

My 'model' is about your height...

Yup, looking at how the sack fits his back length, I would say we would be of the same height. He seems to haven eaten a bit more pie than me though... :D

Seriously - How do you find the padded bit on the belt, long enough?

/ Karl

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
Yes... I'm a skinny 6'2" so I have it done up to the max...

Mikkel, most of my height is in my legs, but I find it a little too short for me. I would suggest spending a little extra and go for the 60/100 or 80/130 which has an adjustable back. I will be getting one soon.

Mikkel

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2007
Denmark
Ok thanks. Then i will definately look for another sack. The 60/100 and 80/130 is too heavy and big for my liking, so i'll have to look at another brand i guess.
I'll start a new thread asking for advice on that :)

Karl5

Life Member
May 16, 2007
Switzerland
Mikkel:

I've got the Berghaus Vulcan and have used it hard for 15 years.
Very hard wearing and a comfy sack to carry if you pick the right size.
This is a sack I can recommend very, very highly indeed!!!
I've never really run out of attachment points on the Vulcan, but if you need/want wand pockets and/or an abundance of attachment points, the Sabre would be more interesting.

/ Karl

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE