karrimor sabre 45

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BLAG

Tenderfoot
Jul 6, 2014
sherwood forest
I recently purchased a snugpak rocket pak and I'm not happy with it, back too short. My question is before I splash the cash on a karrimor sabre. What's the karrimor quality like now it's part of sports direct? I've got a few karrimor bits old and new, The quality of the new is nowhere near as good as the old. Would my money be better spent elsewhere. A sabre 45 with side pockets is 96 Quid sports direct.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
The Karrimor SF stuff seems to me to be just as good as it was before; I've just bought a Predator 30 from them, I've used it hard and heavy the past few weeks and I'm very pleased with it. I also have a Predator 45 and it's not more than a year old, I got it 'cause it's OG, and it seems exactly the same as my PRI issue jobby, i.e. bombproof. I would assume that the same applies to the Sabre, but I've never had one......

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Karrimor SF stuff is made under license... and is a separate company from Karrimor.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
The sabre 45 is a fantastic pack. Unfortunately, I've had to sell mine because the back was too short for me. It felt ok with a light load, but with an overnight kit onboard it wasn't comfortable. If your 6' or above you might find the same.

Cheers, Michael.

Last edited:

Ecoman

Sep 18, 2013
Isle of Arran
www.HPOC.co.uk
I have a Sabre 45 and I have to say its one of the most comfortable packs I have ever owned, even full loaded with the side pockets on. The side pockets I have are around add an extra 10 litres, so with a kit heavy trip I can be carrying around 30-35Kg. The padding on the straps is thick, soft and comfortable. The adjustment on the straps means the load can be positioned so that you hardly notice its there. You can replace the side pockets with Molle panels, which means it opens up a whole new realm of smaller accessory pouches.

I really wish that Karrimor made a smaller version of the Sabre that included the top adjustment straps. The small 25 and 35 packs just don't seem to have the same level of trim.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE