Karrimor Jaguar

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I have found a Karrimor Jaguar for sale at a reasonable price.
Can anyone tell me if theae are decent rucksacks and worth bothering with or not.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
They are great packs, i've had a couple of the late 80's early 90's ones, & they are bomb proof. Tried other makes, but just go back to them.

Rob

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I've got one that has been in near constant use since the late '80s.
It's a little tatty now, the elastic around the lid has gone, and the waterproof coating on the inside of the pack is a bit flakey, bit other than that it's in great condition.
It has what Karrimor called the SA Back System, which means "Size Adjustable".
It's a great system which allows you to move the back pad up and down while wearing the pack.
It runs on a couple of aluminium stays that form the frame, which can be bent to shape.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
As Graham says, could'nt put it better. Mine been used by my daughter & son, so as Graham says the back system is adjustable & suits diffrent sizes.

Rob

I have had one since 1991, it saw me through my travels around the USA for 3 months and has been used ever since. Bit battered now but it is a very comfy bag. The fault I can pick with it is the long thin pockets on the side which I find a bit narrow, I like to put my cook kit in my side pockets but they won't fit. If it had sabre pockets it would be perfect.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I have a karrimor rucksack that i brought when i was 16, thats about 30 years old, my boy uses it now, its a bit tired and rough round the edges, ive replaced it with a bergan as i want 120 ltr, will be buying the another karrimore when ive got the budget

jones71

Dec 16, 2011
wales
Guess I should have asked before buying but an Ebay impulse buy(as if I need another dammn Rucksack/Bergen),bought what is labelled as a KARRIMOR JAGUAR S60-82 with detachable side pkts-any good?

Thanks

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE