karesuando wilderness knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
i recently purchased a karesuando wilderness from casstrom's at the wilderness gathering for paunching rabbits and other general chores, i had a look at all the different models and found this one had the most comforable handle as its not too chunky and gives more control when doing fine tasks. the blade of sandvic 12C27 is just under 4" long and is 3.5mm thick, the scandi grind is very fine with a tiny tiny microbevel (no issue with me), the blade has proved a very usable shape, very sharp with a needle sharp. the handle is made from stained curly birch and the sheath from standard leather with a little embossing. the knife was razor sharp new however i have since given it a little hone and a strop, its now shaving sharp. apart from using it at the gathering i have taken it out "corvid slaying" and its been brilliant with just cutting wood for hides and propping the birds up for decoys.
the knife cost me around £40 and IMO is a great choice for anyone who wants somthing a step up from a mora.

1127faa5c409c52fefc58a86cc81c9d7.image.200x300.jpg

oh btw, found out from one of the guys at casstroms that their wilderness range are made from a company called wood gem, kellam also buys them for their KT line.

thanks
josh

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE