Just think this is brilliant!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bumpy

Forager
Apr 18, 2008
West Yorkshire
KEEP-CALM-POSTER-LOW_large.jpg

That is all... carry on!

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I used to have a few signs from years back that I'd display on my workbench once in a while....

We do three types of job here, Good, Fast and Cheap - you may choose any two!

I have two speeds of work - if you don't like this one, then I'm sure you won't like the other!

There were five in total, but these two got the most airtime.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
I used to have a more direct version of this on my front door.

S-3.jpg

Hahahahaaaa.

Brilliant. :lmao:

I have a sign as you walk into my flat, "Children left unattended will be sold to the Circus".

It mortified my older relatives but my kids and their pals love it.

Chinkapin

Settler
Jan 5, 2009
Kansas USA
These are great! Here are a couple I ran into over the years that stuck with me:

Seen in a motorcycle shop, posted over expensive helmets -- "If you got a 10 dollar head, buy yourself a 10 dollar helmet."

Seen in an auto repair shop -- "shop cost per hour: 30 dollars; if you watch, 35 dollars; if you help, 40 dollars.

The most common trespassing sign seen in America usually says something like this: "Trespassing Forbidden, Violators Will Be Prosecuted" While out for a motorcycle ride in a remote area I encountered this version: Trespassing Forbidden, Violators will be Prosecuted and Prosecutors will be Violated. (Apparently, he not only didn't like trespassers he disliked law enforcement even more.)

Saw this one in a gun store in Kansas City: "All bits and pieces of anyone caught shoplifting will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law." (Well, it deterred me!)

FreddyFish

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Frome, Somerset, UK
My favourite uncle had a couple of great sayings.

"If you don't know where to turn, stop the job and have a burn"
or
"If you you don't know what to do, stop the the job and have a brew"

Both of these have always served me well.

Last edited:

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Seen in a motorcycle shop, posted over expensive helmets -- "If you got a 10 dollar head, buy yourself a 10 dollar helmet."

It was Bell Helmets advertising slogan during the 1980's, when our best selling 'lids' were the Bell Star Ltd and the Bell Magnum.

Chinkapin

Settler
Jan 5, 2009
Kansas USA
Helix...., That is very interesting. I have had several Bell Helmets over the years, but somehow missed that advertising slogan. The sign I saw was just a small hand-lettered one on about 1/4 sheet of poster board. I guess the proprietor was just ripping off someone else's slogan. I thought he was being very original and clever. LOL, guess not.

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I used to have "Can't is a four letter word" on a wall. I've seen "Violators will be violated" somewhere.

The best WW2 era sign I've seen is totally untranslatable (a pun on the fact that "tiger" in Swedish can mean both "says nothing" and a large striped east asian apex predator). The picture was a blue and yellow striped tiger.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE