Just Seen 'Avatar'

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
ps lav in regards to troy yes i probably should have loved it but it was rubbish and i hated it

exactly my feeling on it, i thought OMG this is going to be epic. and it turned out to be lame...
kingdom of heaven, again same deal. "i'm gonna git you sucka" however is a film i could watch over and over again.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
There were nipples in 'Avatar'!?
Bloody hell. I didn't see any, and I was looking.

It was a good film to look at (especially in 3D - just amazing), but the 'message' of the film was a bit worthy, heavy-handed and laboured. Didn't really require much thinking about.
For that reason, as a 'film' it wasn't that good. But technically it was mind-blowing.
Not the sort of film you could watch again, unless it was in 3D.
The only thing about it I didn't really like was the ending. It's one of those films where the ending lasts about 60 minutes. I always find that annoying. It was just a series of anti-climaxes.
A good film, but quite rightly didn't deserve the Oscar for best film. No real story, no real characterisation. But visually stunning.

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
in effect its pocohontas in space.
pocahontas-avatar.jpg

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
exactly my feeling on it, i thought OMG this is going to be epic. and it turned out to be lame...
kingdom of heaven, again same deal. "i'm gonna git you sucka" however is a film i could watch over and over again.

Have you seen the extended directors cut oh KoH? Totally different movie to the theatrical version!

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Have you seen the extended directors cut oh KoH? Totally different movie to the theatrical version!

True.
But the first part of the film is still too fast-paced. Orlando Bloom goes from a blacksmith to sword-demon in one afternoon in the woods.
But the extended version is much better.
Not sure how good Orlando is as a lead actor though. I'm just not scared or threatened by him. When he tries to get all tough and moody I feel like smacking the back of his legs and telling him to go away whilst the adults are talking.

Alessio

Mar 3, 2010
Swansea, Wales
2+ hours later when it had finished we came out stunned. It hit nearly every button on my "I want a film to be like this" list. My best mate felt the same and it takes a lot for him to give a decent rating for a film. Got to be the best sci-fi special effects film I've ever seen.

Seamless special effects, mind blowing vistas, the floating mountains gave me vertigo, the armada of helicopter gunships and that spaceshuttle on steroids was so real I wondered how they got them to fly. The home tree looked like it should taller than the twin towers were several times over ... I could go on.

When I walked out of this film with my mate we couldnt talk for about ten to fifteen minutes. After a while I sighed and swore and my friend asked me what was wrong. I replied "I'm gonna have to buy a HD TV and a blu ray player now." XD It would be so worth it to see when it comes out =D

its the third greatest movie of moden times with number 2 being any star warz movie..........

Any Star Wars movie?
Surely some mistake???

The original trilogy (eposides VI, V & VI) fair enough, all time classics and no mistake.

But the 'new' trilogy (episodes I II & III)????
I've seen eposides of Dora the Explora with more character development and plot depth!:rolleyes:

As for your liking for Top Gun, nothing wrong with celebrating manliness and bravado.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO43p2Wqc08

:pokenest:

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
News just in..

The Daily Son said:
Everything gets bad reviews somewhere from someone. Everything.

During an apparently normal debate on a recent viewing of Avatar one prawn was said to be thinking that all things are reviewed with a strong negative element by at least one other person. Surely this comment should have been better presented and have included at least some evidence to back it up? This commentator is truly shocked at the depth some people or indeed prawns will go to just make themselves heard. Where will this end? Will we see arguments going around and around without answer or definition over something as silly as What man starts fires better, or drinks animal wee-wee? We can only hope not, for if this persons comments are indeed the future, then perhaps it's time to get off the bus.

:eek::D sorry.. couldn't resist

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE