Just saying Hi!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
M

Matt180

Hello,

I'm Matt from Scotland. I have always been interested in bushcraft, but never really followed it through, that is until now. Spent too long sitting infront of a PC (ironic that, that is what I am doing now :D) but decided to change that and go experience the natural world as it should be, not from the comfort of ones home watching Ray Mears but outdoors. So recently I decided that I would walk some of the West Highland Way with a few friends. I have done this previously on both occasions it was when I was 15 to go towards my Gold Chief Scout Award. So I am not a complete newcomer and know the basics of bushcraft, having built bivouac's, fire lighting and knot-tying etc.

But my friends have not really done anything outdoors ( not sure who is worse, me knowing what's out there and doing nothing, or them not knowing and not investigating haha), but that is possibly the most fundamental part of bushcraft learning something knew and passing it on. And that is exactly what I intend to do, books can only teach so much trial and error is the best way. (Well the books make it a guided trial and error :D)

So you'll hopefully see me around these forums asking silly questions but hey that's how one learns.

Carpi Diem!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE