Just purchased one of these...

Lumber Jack

Tenderfoot
Jul 3, 2011
I'm from Yorkshire, lad.
I've been wanting to get out on the water in a canoe/kayak for some time now, so I've bought one of these.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SEVYLOR-TAHITI-PERSON-INFLATABLE-KAYAK/dp/B003V8GGBU

I know it's not a "real" kayak or canoe by any means but as a complete beginner, I thought I'd be better to get one of these and progress on to the big boys toys later. 200KG max load, so it should easily hold me, the missus and some camping gear. She's not a fan of roughing it bushcraft style unfortunately and demands a tent with a mattress!? :eek::confused::(

Any advice/tips for the first trip? I've bought two life jackets, two kayak safety helmets and a set of paddles/oars. So as far as safety goes, I think we should be okay.:D I can't wait!

LJ.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
We got one of these last year.It's great fun for the lakes and easy to transport and inflate.VERY stable compared to a traditional canadian canoe and plenty of room for cargo.
We love it but SWMBO has decided she would like to join me and my son for some trips so looks like we will have to upgrade to a proper canadian for the extra weight.I'm loathe to part with the Sevy though as it is so easy to get out in.If I do decide to part with it you'll see it on here first.
Cheers , Simon

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
The problem i found with the one we had, was that it sat on the water, and this seemed to make it more of a problem in the wind.

Rob

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Correction.The one we have is a Sevylor Hudson.It's a bit more robust than the Tahiti and will take two adults with gear quite happily and cope with rough water in rivers.
Have just bought a canadian but still think I may keep the inflatable as it's so easy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE