Just popped some money for a Lavvu.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Makes a lovely little tent, thought I have made some take-down poles for mine (an internal tripod) as it gives more space, but to be honest I use it more as a poncho. Wore it tonight for walking the dog along the canal after dark, as it was chucking it down. Works brilliantly.

I agree it a great, but heavy, poncho. The other week It was time to put the bins out and it was chucking it down. Perfect time for the poncho. After putting our bins out I went next door and did theirs. It was quite comical watching our neighbour trying to hold an umbrella while carrying the food bin and dragging the wheelie bin I told her I'd sort it out for her...she didn't need telling twice.:). Like yours mine worked flawlessly. All round a good piece of gear.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Of course as a poncho, yup it WILL make a difference.! Sorry I stand corrected.....
As a tent, Ive started using mine, hung from an A frame, instead of an internal pole. Brilliant, really stable still, and much more roomy, and of course easier to position a groundsheet..........

How are you finding yours, as ponchos?

Sorry I missed you post Laurence.

As a poncho I think it's great. A bit heavy and still isn't 'broken in' yet but the more it gets used the more flexible I'm sure it will become it still has the factory stiffness in it. It might be old school considering there's lighter weight modern versions available, but I like old school canvas.

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
Sorry I missed you post Laurence.

As a poncho I think it's great. A bit heavy and still isn't 'broken in' yet but the more it gets used the more flexible I'm sure it will become it still has the factory stiffness in it. It might be old school considering there's lighter weight modern versions available, but I like old school canvas.
Yup, me too. Was hoping to use mine as a tent this w/e at a SotP do at Barton Broad but doesn't look like I'll get there
I also use sometimes a Blacks Good Companion, as you may have guessed from all the A frame jabber!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE