Just joined

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

black_kissa

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2006
N/A
Hi all,

I'm Anneke Treep (from the Netherlands); I brwsed around some and enjoy seeing all the people and info at BCUK. Last weekend's Bushcraftweekend in NL showed how many people are active here in NL, too. It was very inspiring and I look forward to next time already!
I have been more active recently in Germany since that's where Jon Young taught some classes in 2004 and 2005...

I look forward to sharing and exchanging experiences and knowledge!

Live and love,
Anneke

(BTW, "black_kissa" refers to the black cat that grew up with me... he was one of my best friends until he died at age 10...)

eraaij

Settler
Feb 18, 2004
Arnhem
Hey Anneke,

Good to see you here! I have some trouble adjusting to work after that great weekend you co-organized. :D

-Emile

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Welcome to BCUK Anneke..
our Dutch membership seems to be fairly large now and im glad to hear you guys are getting together and getting out there.. enjoy the forum!

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hi Anneke from the Netherlands ;),

Welcome to BCUK!
Good to see another Dutchie from the Apeldoorn meet made it to the forum :D (I wasn't there myself though, hope to make it in November).
As you've probably already found out: the people are friendly and very knowledgeable. So, if you've got a question: fire it away!

Looking forward to your posts.

ATB

black_kissa

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2006
N/A
Thanks all, for your warm welcome!

It feels good to be welcomed in like this - and it's also good to know that apparently there are no dangers here... :)

... because welcoming and warning for hazards are the two things that make a newbie feel comfortable and safe. This may sound trivial but I really like its survival value!

I too enjoyed the Bushcraftweekend immensely, and look forward to organizing the next one already. Thanks! I also feel really grateful that the forest fire didn't becaome a threat to the HAPS...

Live and Love,
Anneke

Naruska

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 15, 2006
Finland
hiya Anneke!

Welcome and enjoy...just out of curiosity...why do you call your cat kissa? That`s cat in finnish...

Marko

black_kissa

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2006
N/A
Hi,

Yes, I know... my father has some affinity with Finland so he came up with the name. I have fond memories of Finland too of a camping trip with my parents when I was seven. They always set the example of traveling light and with as little as we could... and now I like to take that even further :)

Live and Love,
Anneke

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE