Just came across this about Merthyr Mawr.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
castle also the site of king arthurs muster field before the battle of mount baidan

:cool:

greenshoots

If there ever was a "Arthur" ( a matter of some debate ) his legend points towards the end of the Roman occupation which pre-dates the building of such castles by at least 600 years.

It might make a nice story for the tourists but I doubt if there is much in the way of fact to back it up I'm afraid.

Reactions: RaoTao and wingstoo

greenshooots

Nomad
Oct 18, 2007
s.wales
If there ever was a "Arthur" ( a matter of some debate ) his legend points towards the end of the Roman occupation which pre-dates the building of such castles by at least 600 years.

The castle is Norman yes, but there is a monument stone there with his name on it. There were actually two King Arthurs. Have a look on YouTube for vids of Wilson and Blackett, quite eyeopeners.

greenshoots

Last edited by a moderator:

Wayland

Hárbarðr
That makes 4 or 5 "plausible" interpretations "fitting" the legends to locations in the landscape that I've heard of or read, I'm sure I may have missed a few more. All apparently well "researched", mostly by people who describe themselves as archeaologists or historians. Interestingly, none of them seem to quite agree on the locations.

I'm a little concerned by the prominently displayed contents of the library in this video, mostly conspiracy theories by the look of it. Doesn't mean they are wrong necesarily but it does cast some doubt on thier credentials, most serious archeaologists or historians would hide books like that behind more reliable sources, if the had them at all. Sadly, such conspiracy books do tend to run on circular logic.

That is part of the power of stories of course, we can each choose to believe them or not. I confess, I'm not seeing much in this story to convince me, but my standards of evidence are quite stringent I guess.

Last edited:

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
:jacked:

Kudos to anyone who managed to read all of that poorly written, poorly formatted, rambling thinly veiled diatribe. Can't say as I would recommend it. I tried reading it, started to lose the will to go on within the first few dozen lines, then skimmed through the rest.

Indeed life is too short.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wayland

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE