Just been to T.K.MAXX

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
just to let you guys know that TKMAXX ( no affiliation ) have some barbour jackets in. Theyt had a few wax ones and some very nice sand and navy padded ones ( the expensive kind ). I think the padded ones were £100, they are ever so slightly waxed or proofed not the cheaper £70 odd ones. Also picked up the thickest woolen jumper ( timberlake ) i have ever seen. The sort that you could use as a tent and took 3 sheep to make! that was £145 down to £39!!!
Also got some Jeep and CAT walking socks at £4.99 for 3 pairs. They have a vasy range of wool mix and ski/winter/walking socks there too. Also got a set of Trespass thermal s ( baselayer to include top and longjohns ) should be £27 now £12!. You can look them up on trespass.co.uk if you like. Don't know how effective they are.

So that's me ready for winter
Just thought i'd let you know they are stocking winterish stuff :) . My local is bromley kent btw.

I think the jacket was this one:
http://www.coatsandhats.com/item6686.htm

TwoFourAlpha

Tenderfoot
Dec 18, 2004
Manchester
I went into tk-maxx last weekend. I saw a very nice Helly-Hansen jacket down from £140 to £65. I'd have had it, but it wasn't big enough. Black and silver too- non of this fire-engine red stuff.

Still - got myself a pair of Converse All-Stars for the super-soaraway price of £15 ( RRP £35 ), so I'm a happy bunny.

I alst got a Karrimor 30L daysack from 'Sport World' or Chavs'R'Us for £18 ( RRP £58, but I think they might be fibbing ) It's well made and all, but they are either lying, or the people who made my last, 27L, workbag were mistaken, as the new one will fit, fully packed into the old one with room to spare.

Batfink

Forager
Jul 18, 2004
Newbury, Berks, UK
www.alexpye.net
I got a nice Berghaus water proof there some time ago. I think they've previously sold CraggHopper equipment too!!!

It's always so hit and miss in their though - one day it's "sports wear/leisure wear" heavy, the next its proper outdoors stuff!!!

jwmagee

Oct 10, 2004
Hayling Island
I've had a couple of Crag hoppers down jackets(80:20) inthe last two weeks £70 each , just in time for this cold weather. They do get a range of outdoor type clothing in, it's always a case of dropping on something that you want in your size. At least it gets you brownie points for spending time shopping with the missus!

John

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE