June entries for BCUK Photograph 2013 competition

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Heres my shot at it seeing as i just got my new camera...
DSCN0036_zps8c311c31.jpg

Thanks
Jacob

Leiflet

Nomad
Jun 5, 2013
Devon
Um, well. Try anything once. Well, not ANYTHING. Sorry it's a bit small. I think it's apple mint. Certainly mint. And it's all fluffy!

DSC00028.jpg

Cheers,
Leif

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
Thanks guys:)

A big thanks to Barclays bank who had 'saved' quite a bit of money for me in the form of PPI and gave me it all back allowing me to buy one of the sharpest zoom lenses that Nikon have ever made, the spanking gorgeous 24-70 f2.8. It's an awesome bit of glass!

Turnstone

Nomad
Apr 9, 2013
Germany
Sorry for my late answers, I am just back from an internet free holiday!

I really like this - did you come across it or did you create it?

That's not a trick question - I like still life (by which I mean something that the photographer has created and then photographed) more than taking the 'best' picture of something that already exists - but I realise not everyone will agree with that.
I stumbled across this beautiful "arrangement" on one of my walks. Not sure if I removed a fallen twig to make it look cleaner, but the little tree and the woodruff are as nature arranged it!

That's a lovely picture Turnstone... but I think your ident is off on the tree. It looks like it's actually Norway Maple rather than Sycamore :)
That might be possible. I am not good at tree identification, and in Germany it's called "xxx Ahorn" no matter if it's a sycamore or a maple, which makes the whole thing even more complicated for me as I can't just say it's some kind of Ahorn, but it might be some kind of sycamore OR maple!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE