jokkmokk 2014?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Hey BCUK. Im curious if there is any interest in the jokkmokk festival 2014? After seeing the trip reports from 2013 i really fancy it.

Me and Water Gypsy will be in norway/sweden all winter and really want to go. Whilst i would love to camp, swmbo would kill me so i'm going to be looking at cabins or other comfortable options in the area

Any input on cabins would be great, and if there is interest we would be happy to pitch in for a group cabin if that works out cheaper for everyone

Still in the planning stages so just gathering information here :)

Dreadhead

going through last years planning thread found this campsite with cabins that some of the others used looks good to me. If folk want to pitch in for a larger cabin can do, if not we will just book ourselves the smallest cabin available.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Might be worth having a word with Udamiano to see if he's organizing something mate. I'm busy that week elsewhere.

Dreadhead

good idea Pete

Have just sent the campsite a request to reserve a 2bed cabin for us for the 6th, 7th, and 8th. There are two rooms in those cabins and we will only need one. so if anyone else is thinking of going we could split the cabin quite easily

edit: p.s: recieved a reply from the campsite within an hour letting me know they haven't started booking 2014 yet but have put me down on interest list and will contact me in sept/oct regarding the cabins.

Last edited:

Dreadhead

Hi Hamish.

Not at jokkmokk, next year. Im planning somewhere further north near Tromsa or Iceland. but if you need any contacts or info, or help then PM me and i'll help anyway I can.
you'll definitely enjoy the market, the craft alone are worth the trip.

Thanks Damian :) Have contacted two places about cabins, one is fully booked, and the other is going to let me know by october if we have one or not. but if we dont get one, then we are well prepared to camp for the 3 days and for a month prior we will be working on a farm not too far away so will be well acclimatised by then. still planning but if i think of anything i will be sure to ask cheers ;)

Richie N

Life Member
Mar 2, 2013
London
I'm thinking of a week or so trip taking in the market . Was thinking of camping but not sure if there is anywhere suitable within snow shoeing range of the market . From what I have read the local camp grounds close for the winter so may be interested in splitting the cost of a cabin

Dreadhead

Sounds good richie :) we are currently in Norway, just stealing internet on the train right now so limited reply. We are happy to cabin share, still waiting to hear back from the campsite to see whether we have one or not. If we don't, we will be camping at the campsite anyway so can always have a larger group camp for safety. Feel free to pm me to discuss and will get back to you when I can

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE