John Peel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
Nothing to do with Bushcraft but I had a little tear in my eye today when I heard John Peel had died. Brought back memories of listening under the covers, when I was supposed to be asleep, earphone plugged into my cheap little transistor... great guy who brought us some great music.

Justin

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
Couldn't agree more - used to listen to his Radio 4 programme on Saturday mornings while driving to the shoot - a very fine human being.

5.10leader

I can only agree with you, John Peel was a great guy who contributed so much to the British music scene.

Like you Lithril, I too remember tuning in to John on Sunday afternoon, which was OK but also midweek, Thursday?, at 10:30 ? which most definitely was not.

Latterly, John assumed an air of respectability being promoted, or relegated to some minds, to Radio 4. I really enjoyed Home Truths; as usual presented with the dry, laconic Peel sense of humour.

Withour wishing to seem melodramatic, he really will be sorely missed.

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
He will indeed. I too used to listen long past my bedtime to his programme - though I'm too young for transistors! I remember when he got his lifetime acheivement award - was it the Sony awards? He deserved that - maybe he deserves another posthumous one. :cry:

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Justin Time said:
Nothing to do with Bushcraft but I had a little tear in my eye today when I heard John Peel had died. Brought back memories of listening under the covers, when I was supposed to be asleep, earphone plugged into my cheap little transistor... great guy who brought us some great music.

Justin
Totally agree, back in my days of black, Peely was a firm fixture, truly innovative music (not a pop idol in sight), I have many fond memories and a few good bits of vinyl from this this time.
Neil

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE