John Fenna - Facebook

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I am pretty selective about who I friend on Facebook these days, it is either people I know in the outside world, or people who I have known for a long period of time on the internet and who wouldn't worry me if we met outside of that. (I had one Facebook friend who flew over from the USA and treated me and my brother to a trip to the theatre at Stratford).

There are some people who I have regular contact with in the so called real world, who I would not friend on facebook, because basically I want some privacy and don't want to share everything with them.

So far as my friends on Facebook go, I have around 250 but what happens is that you have friends who would not be friends with others of your friends because they would not get along or share enough in common.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
No good reason to use FB if you can get by using other communication and contact maintenance means. Of course if you have a use for it that's good too.a tool that's all.

I stopped using it because I fell out with a few people and another guy went full on reactionary racist on a post. I had words and he stuff the same a few days later. A few of our mutual friends unfriended him. I also publicly educated him shall we say both on fb and face to face.

The people I fell out with were because they did things on fb that they'd not do face to face to the person. Another fell out with me in a way that made me think they'd had a breakdown or something. We were fairly good friends then she went like she couldn't even be in the same place as me let alone fb friends. I did nothing but I got the feeling she was going to do something really unhealthy to me.

All in all I found fb had too many nutters for my liking. Or just that I had too many nutters as fb "friends". It became a very unhealthy online space for me in a way I've never felt with face to face communications. Things like fb can be very scary spaces at times I think.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I recently fell out with my oldest friend from childhood. Unfortunately he did not like it when I started criticizing the Russian propaganda he was posting all the time. He speaks Russian and has a Russian wife, and now he no longer has an account on Facebook at all. I do wonder if his handlers did not make him unfriend me.

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
newforestnavigation.co.uk
I am pretty selective about who I friend on Facebook these days, it is either people I know in the outside world, or people who I have known for a long period of time on the internet and who wouldn't worry me if we met outside of that. (I had one Facebook friend who flew over from the USA and treated me and my brother to a trip to the theatre at Stratford).

There are some people who I have regular contact with in the so called real world, who I would not friend on facebook, because basically I want some privacy and don't want to share everything with them.

So far as my friends on Facebook go, I have around 250 but what happens is that you have friends who would not be friends with others of your friends because they would not get along or share enough in common.
I have a Facebook account but have no friends. It’s purely a necessary to join groups that do will not use other methods.

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Seems some people only use FB to communicate to other people and not by joining interesting and usefull groups. In my oppinion that is awaste of FB potentials.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE