Jews Ears

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BobFromHolland

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 9, 2006
Rotterdam, NL
sounds a bit like the 'what can be called a fire stick and what not'- discussion.

I saw some Judas' ears last weekend as well. And I wasn't looking in the mirror :D

Bob

Adi

Nomad
Dec 29, 2004
It does not mater what you call it its botanical name is Hirneola auricula-judae and that will never be changed.

This political correctness is what is starting to drag this and other western countries down. Those people that have had the opportunity to travel the world will tell you that being politically correct did not help build bridges, influence people and help make friends.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Try coming away with "Jew's ear" in front of a group of children and their teachers. Open disapproval. The world has moved on guys.
I suspect I'm older than all of you and even I can adapt and see past the prejudices of the past.
Politically correct :rolleyes: it's a multi cultural world out there and we're living in it, none of us like our race/ nation spoken of scurilously.
"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names may hurt me very much" as the kids say.
As for the latin name, they change too, especially the final, individually descriptive, terms.

Cheers,
Toddy

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Maybe if we progress faster than civilisation is going,we could get rid of race,national identities and religon and then no one would have a problem with any of it!............exept of course visitors from other planets.......there goes space invaders :ban: :lmao:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:D

Nah, I like the variety in people :) I like being me, feel comfortable around my own folks, but I enjoy the company of those from different areas/ cultures too. The whole messy vibrancy of humanity :D
I love the words folk use; I can listen for hours to different regional accents, totally fascinating.

Cheers,
Mary

hammy

Forager
Sep 28, 2004
Pegswood, Northumberland.
Toddy said:
Try coming away with "Jew's ear" in front of a group of children and their teachers. Open disapproval. The world has moved on guys.
I suspect I'm older than all of you and even I can adapt and see past the prejudices of the past.
Politically correct :rolleyes: it's a multi cultural world out there and we're living in it, none of us like our race/ nation spoken of scurilously.
"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names may hurt me very much" as the kids say.
As for the latin name, they change too, especially the final, individually descriptive, terms.

Cheers,
Toddy

Open disapproval from who, the kids or the teachers ?
Things must have changed as I was taught
"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never harm me"

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
They have; I too learned the rhyme you quote, children nowadays are taught not to accept discrimination or offensive language. The reality is that *names* do hurt; the old stiff upper lip has petrified into stone and crumbled.

Cheers,
Mary

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I think political correctness when heavy handed and deliberately obstructive is a very bad thing; and there are times when it reaches the ridiculous, "Madam Chairperson" for instance :dunno:
I don't know if it's a better world, but it's a much more openly truthful one. It's okay to say that some words hurt, that ridicule is offensive; to be able to say, "That's not fair." and not be seen as a petulant whine. On the other hand, personal responsibility for one's actions seems to be disappearing rapidly :(

Cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE