Jetboil

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stickbow

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2006
Northampton England
Hi Everyone
I have just sent off for a jetboil (pcs) and I was wondering if anyone out there has one and what gas canisters you use, are they the ones that get peirced or the ones with a ball bearing in that self seal.
Thanks.

"Have fun shoot a stick"

BIG_emu

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2005
Cheshire
They're the screw in self sealing ones. if you want to pack it inside itself (which is probably one of the reasons you bought it) you need the tiny gas canisters (but don't worry they last ages). also its a good idea to get a triangle base clip type thing to make it more stable.

Ben

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
100 size canisters fit inside. you need self seal ones, the 250 ones fit but the smaller ones mean you can stick it inside the pot

Jul 15, 2006
Nil
Don't forget to dry it out thoroughly when you pack it away or the metal rim on the bottom of the gas cannister will rust and stain the non-stick coating on the bottom of the pot. I also shove a small disc of bubblewrap or thin foam in the bottom to stop the cannister rattling and wearing through the non-stick coating.

Got to say I'm very pleased with mine. I got it not long after they appeared on the market (from a seller in the US) and it's still going strong. It's the quickest way I've found to make a brew yet.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Surrey Yeoman's tip was a good one. I used to stick the gas canister inside my pot and then come the following spring after the winter hibernation, found that it had left a little rust circle in the pot!
My solution was simple - firstly, always give the canister a wipe before putting it away, but also PUT IT IN UPSIDE DOWN!

Jul 15, 2006
Nil
Likewise, I couldn't find the jetboil branded gas anywhere, but I've had no problems using any of the other brands. The one that's on it at the moment is GoSystem Gas "Powersource" which is a butane - isobutane - propane mix and is available in dinky little 125g/225ml cannisters. I've even run it on an ancient can of Epigas which I found lurking around in the shed and must have been 15 years old!

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
I've run mine on anything that'll fit and it's been fine.

Also, have a look at the hanging kit - it's more for alpinists but means you can keep the stove off the ground and stability is less of an issue.

woodbutcher

Sep 3, 2007
dorking
I got given my jetboil by the misses and she also got hold of the billy can/pan surport for it. you do have to use the triangler base with it but when I've need to heat up gub for more than one person when open fires won't aloud it made very light work and the gas did last a good while.

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
GoSystem Powersource here, the 125g (225ml) cannisters will fit in the saucepan thingy while still attached to the burner. Love the stove - as yet (touches wood) 100% reliable and it's all nice and compact.
Like Surrey Yeoman I did find it could rattle a bit, personally I stick one of those scrubbing pads with hard plastic on one side and soft foam on the other in a plastic zip-lock bag and shove that in the bottom. Also does the trick nicely

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE