Jetboil Sol

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

River man

Jan 16, 2010
Lincs
Hi, i'm thinking about purchasing a Jetboil sol and wondered if you can store the gas cartridge still attached to the burner inside the mug for compact packing?, i know the original Jetboil PCS were capable of this but with the sol being 200ml smaller i'm not certain

Thanks in advance for your replys

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Not sure if it will, I use the little 100g carts in mine but I unscrew them for packing.

I can check when I get home but I think they'll be too tall when connected.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I have the jetboil zip which i think is the same size as the Sol and my 100g cartridge fits inside.
IMAG0041.jpg

Last edited:

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Nope.

6478f618.jpg

72b60d2e.jpg

Doesn't go in either way round with the cartridge attached if you want to put the lid on and that's without the little stand and the converter to use it as a stove.
Even if you decided to live without those bits, you'd also have to keep the wire from the on/off tap folded under the stove, as that wouldn't fit in otherwise. That would mean undoing the cartridge to use the stove, or of course unclipping it and having tried doing that, then clipping it back on, it's more of a faff than just unfolding it and screwing the cartridge one the normal way. You'd also risk losing the tiny bit of wire too.

4f891c90.jpg

9fe641c2.jpg

I don't know if some of the 100g canisters are flatter / smaller than mine though....but is it worth it?

Last edited:

River man

Jan 16, 2010
Lincs
I wouldn't say that, it's a great package and only takes a few seconds to screw the cannister on

Rich do you store your cartridge elsewhere in your kit?

i always thought the pcs had too large a capacity at 1litre then when i spotted the sol at 800ml i thought perfect size then got thinking that my cartridge and burner just fitted in my pcs with the stabilizer on top, so am i right in thinking the burner is shorter on the sol? as by some previous photo's i wouldn't want to risk damaging the ignition

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Just been looking into this and the Zip that i have has the same size pot as the Sol but the sol has the ignition where as my Zip dosent. This means the Sol burner and 100g cartridge wont quite fit in the pot where as the Zip will.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Rich do you store your cartridge elsewhere in your kit?

i always thought the pcs had too large a capacity at 1litre then when i spotted the sol at 800ml i thought perfect size then got thinking that my cartridge and burner just fitted in my pcs with the stabilizer on top, so am i right in thinking the burner is shorter on the sol? as by some previous photo's i wouldn't want to risk damaging the ignition

I drop the plastic cart leg thingy into the bottom first and then the burner, ignition down so it's protected in the void, the cart goes in last.

Same as Hendrik shows here ..
[video=vimeo;29561311]http://vimeo.com/29561311[/video]

I only use a 100g cart and look to get around 11L of boiling water, or 22 meal & brew combos

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE